Network switches

Well it seems somehow you really managed to disregard my message. No one was by any means mentioning the direction of cables topic when @AE67 brought this on the table here and you keep spinning this on and on.

Maybe you and some of those „funmakers“ read again my comment as otherwise there won’t be any progress in these discussions in general.

In all fairness there isn’t any progress to be expected. Any blind test would prove the use of audiophile switches wrong. None of you could tell a con-artist device from a basic one. Because science works. Because networks work as they do. No magic clock, no fancy LPS changes even the slightest on the datagrams transferred. So going in circles and looking out for supportive opinions is nice. Although it changes nothing about facts.

8 Likes

Your pre/dac should be able to filter all unwanted noise/jitter and reclock signal. This should not be a problem.

1 Like

As @Bernd_Kurte mentioned, you can’t expect any progress, unless one camp or the other changes its mind. Is it likely that any of the objectivists in this thread are suddenly going to give up on rational thought and science? Not likely. Is it possible that some of the “I believe in network miracles” brigade change their tune? Possibly.

It’s all depends on the PSU.

It certainly helped in the past that we could all continue to be wrong without letting everyone else know about it.

This thread is a classic guys, I feel like I’ve just read the entire ethernet cable thread in 10 minutes.

Come back this time next year. I’m sure there will be a few more thousand posts :slight_smile:

I think it’s peaked already. :grinning: :rofl:

I feel like there are too few people in my world who would understand why I laughed about directional cables. I might get a T Shirt with that on.

Stop Me and Ask About Directional Cables.

1 Like

To be fair, the ethernet cable thread was pretty much done by the second post.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how angry a customer would be if I put an AC cable in backwards.

3 Likes

Probably the 240v overwhelms the quantum tunnelling. :joy:

1 Like

I’m for sure going to be using that in conversations with customers. The reason your lamps keep blowing, quantum tunneling has reversed your cabling. All needs replacing.

1 Like

Yep, that can happen with the cheaper audiophile power cords. What you need is the ChordMusic Power Cable. As Chord say “All in all, the finest and most complex of our power cables.” At £4,999 for 1m, it’s clearly a bargain, but not so good if you need the 10m version, because that one costs £22,999 :rofl:

1 Like

As we have discussed, it’s just fine for it to make a difference to someone. Just best if they enjoy it in peace.

1 Like

In one of those nice rooms with padded walls all round :wink:

1 Like

After all it’s a pleasure for most of us to listen to recorded music and we live in a great time for it.

Abbey Road must have one or two of those.

I do work in a recording studio (Singapore) and I can absolutely tell you they don’t have any exotic audiophile cable or network nonsense going on. Cables all basic Cat 6/7 and switches all commercial HP/D-Link and wifi is UniFi - I know all this as I manage it all, same thing in the other office in Australia.

Same is true in case you wondered for all the Audio cabling and Mains cabling too. No black magic going on at the music source.

2 Likes

Amazing to see - instead of contributing anything slightly useful at all the „professional science guys“ again just flood the thread with weird „fun posts“ :man_facepalming:

Well seems this is the only place some can build their self esteem :sweat_smile: