New album not detected

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC ROCK 1.7 Build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
New albums added in the NAS (QNAP) are not detected by Roon, even with Forced Rescan.

Hello @hk6230, and thanks for your report. Can you elaborate on your network setup for me, including how your QNAP is connected to the network? Lastly, can you verify that you’re on the latest version for your QNAP?

I solved the problem by disabling and re-enabling the NAS folder.

Hello @hk6230, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if you have further questions.

Now not all files are processed properly. Songs are incomplete. And the above image stated metadata issue.

Hello @hk6230, please reboot your core. We’ve seen that metadata message for other users in the past and its usually resolved by a reboot. Please try that and let me know if you get some progress. Thanks!

Yup, my problem is fixed with rebooting the core and reinstall the OS on my NUC.

1 Like

Haiyaa, the problem occurs again. Can this be related to disk size, folder size, or number of folders or tracks or albums?

Hello @hk6230, does the message return if you reboot?

I rebooted my ROCK, and new albums recognized. I also found that with a smaller size folder on my NAS, new albums are quicker to be detected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.