New albums missing on Roon's TIDAL

Thanks @palbratelund, although the Google Cast doesn’t really help in a headless setup and with Roon Ready the lag issue may still be there for some albums… I realize the headless setup is probably a small amount overall though, but something that Spotify connect is perfect… to be fair I really am only going to use Tidal on Roon anyways as a lifetime member I really do love it, so it’s important to me that this lag issue is reduced to a minimum.

We are working on that to optimize the flow. Anything is always available through our API when it is supposed to be visible to partners, but Roon adds a lot by processing the metadata. We are looking at strategies to make this as real time available as possible.

@palbratelund, the iPhone app isn’t gapless. Well, actually there’s no gap because it tends to mash the end of one track into the beginning of the next. Most obvious example would be Frank Zappa’s Sheikh Yerbouti.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: STAGING #1 - Used When Reorganising Topics

Two very new albums, both available on TIDAL:
1- Rihanna’s “ANTI”
2- Sia’s “This Is Acting”

Roon shows ‘2’ but not ‘1’. What gives?

Thx.

Probably exactly the same as the last time a new album didn’t appear with 10 minutes on Roon

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/new-tidal-albums-not-showing-up-in-roon/3152/68

Great thanks. Appreciate the detail, makes me appreciate the complexity a little more closely.

Second that. And sometimes releases come in to us a heartbeat before it’s supposed to be out. Just try to compare it to when you had to go to a record shop and they had to order it, haha.

2 Likes

I loved the record shop experience… :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I have to agree. I still drop in to Basement Discs here in Melbourne to get Australian artists that aren’t available through Tidal. I sort of don’t want that to stop, even though it would be much cheaper for me if Tidal covered the field.

1 Like

I added this album on Jan 12 but still don’t have any metadata for it. Is it just me?

I have got a small amount of meta-data (the album is identified). For example in Album credits

I have that too, but no AMG review and no lyrics. I guess I’m not the only one.

Two very new albums, both available on TIDAL:
1- Rihanna’s “ANTI”
2- Sia’s “This Is Acting”

Roon shows ‘2’ but not ‘1’. What gives?

Thx.

The explanation from Roon is what I expected - good to know.

I am not sure I understand your “10 minute” bit… Sia’s album, which was released one day after Rihanna’s is there whereas Rihanna’s is not. But I do understand metadata sources can be different for different labels, plus the fact that Rihanna’s album was released in a novel way: On TIDAL first, then elsewhere.

Sometimes we get a data dump from TIDAL that says This album will be available for streaming on this day – our system is built to handle this, and the album will show up at the right time when we have this type of advance notice.

Other times, especially with regards to “surprise” releases, or “event” releases (Rihanna, The Beatles, Adele’s single"), TIDAL flips the switch and our database needs to catch up, which can take a day or two. We’re working on some plans for making this better, but that’s the current state of affairs.

Regardless of the normal process, I just looked and it appears that we may have missed an update, putting us slightly more behind than normal --@jeremiah and I are looking into it. Thanks for the report.

1 Like

@mike I still to this day cannot add Rihanna’s ANTI on TIDAL to my library…

I can - but immediately deleted it again.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was able to add it as well @miguelito so something must be different about your situation.

Any idea if you “favorited” ANTI on Tidal before it was available in Roon? Or have you only tried adding it to your library in Roon?

I would also recommend trying to clear your TIDAL cache – let me know if that helps, ok?

Yes, I had favorited the album before it was in Roon. I also had favorited two of her ANTI albums (there are four actually). Unfavorited all and favorited the top one, and cleared Roon’s TIDAL cache and I was able to add it to my library. Thx.

1 Like