New Tidal albums not showing up in Roon

Hey everyone – sorry for the slow response here!

All the metadata you see in Roon comes from our cloud services, and the process by which this database gets updated is not trivial. The metadata comes to us from multiple sources at different times, as do updates to our Tidal library. Even if all the data showed up together at exactly the right moment, it would still take time to process, verify, and release.

We’ve heard the feedback in this thread and elsewhere about the delay, and this week we kicked off some work focused on refining, streamlining, and automating this process, so this information can be updated more regularly with as little lag as possible. That said, even in the best circumstances generating the newest database takes time, and it’s safe to assume there will some slight delay before the latest information shows up in our database.

The good news is that in Roon, metadata updates in your collection happen automatically in the background. If you rip an album the minute it’s released, it may not get any extended metadata, but Roon will keep checking back weekly, updating your album with the latest information. This will happen automatically for new imports unless you manually edit the album, in which case we won’t overwrite your edits.

As I mentioned above, we’re working to minimize any lag and make our cloud service’s update process automatic and predictable. I understand the frustration, and I can tell you that we’re working on it. Expect more updates as the project proceeds over the next couple of weeks. Thanks everyone!