New Albums Notification by Artists in your library

Guys - can we consider having a feature in Roon to give an app notification on your IOS or Android device when an artist in your saved library (hard Drive / Nas etc) has a new album release. If you have a bunch of artists in your library an a new album is released via Tidal scanning the content it notifies you. Thanks

9 Likes

Totally agree. I browse the “New Releases for You” in Overview and I like it but many of the artist I own music from never show up there?! 3 months later I’ll find out an Artist I like and have has a new album. That’s whack. If you’re are going to suggest new music to me can you at least respect that I know what I like and show me what’s new from the artist I have as well as some artist I don’t have that I might like as well.

1 Like

Exactly. Such a simple idea and you’ll appreciate your library a lot more, lets see as they say.

Recenly I have complained about that here: New Releases for You not really working

I agree this would be great. In the meantime I’ve been using an iOS app called MusicHarbor. Highly recommend it for keeping up with new releases. It’ll scan your Apple Music (and I believe Spotify) library automatically or you can manually add artists you want to follow if you don’t use those services. This can be tedious at first, but it does sync to iCloud, so you only have to do it once. Let’s you filter out singles and EPs and also shows upcoming releases. It even has a widget now.

Matt

Does it work with your own hard library ? Music that you own etc

Totally agree on this! Hopefully the new Roon with its improved algorithms will fix this!

I love Musicharbor and it would be great to have something similar in Roon where it scans your library and let you know of new releases for your artists, as well as giving you the capability to add and delete artists from your tracking list.

Thoroughly agree that this would be a great feature to have

I am late to this party, but I want to 2nd, 3rd & 4th this idea. I would love to see a choice on the Artist page to notify when a new album(s) is released.

late as well. Any plans to implement this?

1 Like