New Arctic Monkeys album The Car incomplete in Roon remote clients (TIDAL integration)

Hm ok.

I still do wonder if it’s an issue with the TIDAL API or something on the Roon side of things. Because well, I could raise a ticket with TIDAL if the issue is with them.

Usually the delay in syncing Roon to Qobuz and/or Tidal is because the streaming services haven’t provided the data dumps in time for the actual date of the new release. If it’s not in the Roon database it won’t be “seen” by Roon.

With this issue, however, I’m not certain if it’s as above, or some error on Roon’s side. Unfortunately it’s still bed time in Roon-land. Maybe some answers might come later. When I’ve had these situations, as a Qobuz user, I’ve tended to listen on the Qobuz app until things are cleared up.

1 Like

This is the same for me

1 Like

Ok, thank you. Good to know it’s not me.

Taylor Swifts album shows up if you search for Taylor Swift Midnights but doesn’t show up in her discography at all or on her Artist page. So it looks like it’s still updating the db or it’s fallen over.

1 Like

Only find the single so it’s not synced in yet late drop I guess.

I can find the album in qobuz but again not showing in discography. Slow sync today it looks like

Edit. It just popped up so yeah it’s all still syncing

So the new Arctic Monkeys album has now shown up on ARC but sadly only two tracks for me as well.

Maybe Roon needs to force a manual refresh or resync of the data.

Yep same here

Sometimes there is a problem with the feed and I think Roon and Tidal discuss it, press some buttons and then it all works again.
It can be frustrating waiting to play it in Roon knowing that you really need to open Tidal to listen to it, But I am on Tidal streaming Taylor Swift now :wink:

Holy cow! I see there is a 3am Edition of Taylor Swift’s new Midnights album with 20 (!) tracks on TIDAL. Not to be found in Roon.

Same for me. Very frustrating. I want to be able to listen to the album in all its glory through Roon, but for now I need to settle for less.

Haha yeah. It’s almost 3 PM here and I still did not listen to it. I will wait till it’s available in Roon.

Would love to know the reason why it’s missing.

Like others have said and AFAIK, there are periodic syncs between Tidal and the Roon DB. Usually it takes some time for an album to appear in Roon after it’s added to Tidal. Why in this case we’re only seeing 2 tracks, I don’t know.

Hey everyone, for some reason, we didn’t get metadata for the full album in time for its release today. It will probably be streamable in Roon in full tomorrow. Our apologies, but as has been mentioned, this is quite unusual and somewhat out of our control.

4 Likes

A bit disappointed to be honest. A day later, still an issue.

All tracks of The Car are now available in the TIDAL release.

Please note that you will probably need to remove and re-add the album to your library if already added, but it’s worth trying an Edit → Re-identify Album first.

3 Likes

Yes, I can see it now. Did not have to do anything. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.