New Brooklyn Bridge Firmware with album cover art and track title!

I’m delighted to see that Mytek has released their new Brooklyn Bridge firmware 1.30, which includes display of album cover art and track titles! Woo hoo!

I’ll be delayed a few hours before I can try it myself. But others will find it here. And Darko previews of it here, in this fascinating video of John D. assembling a Brooklyn Bridge.

I’m psyched, and can’t wait to try it. Anyone else had a chance to try it? And if so, what do you think?

Been forced to stay on an extra two weeks in Madeira, but look forward to downloading it. Although I think I’d have to be darn close to make it out at any distance. :grinning:

Yes, it is tiny. But cool looking IMO.

As a warning to anyone doing this upgrade, please note two things.

First, as noted in the firmware readme file, you must have upgraded the network module’s firmware also, up to the most recent version. That’s possible through the “info” menu item.

Second, as also noted in the firmware readme file, you apparently must reset the unit back to factory defaults to get cover art working. I ignored that, mistakenly thinking that was a mistake, and another example of the poor English, and poor descriptions found in Mytek documentation. Heck, the firmware revision history itself lists the update date as 11-05-20 (clearly supposed to be 12-05-20). So I ignored the resting to factory defaults comment. A mistake, and the cover art was not available playing music from Roon until I did. Restoring the unit to factory defaults, then manually resetting the 15-20 configuration menu options back to what they were supposed to be got the cover art working. Go figure.

Tiny, to be sure. But cool. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree that some of the Mytek docs could be better and more up to date. A little disappointing. I emailed them a question but received no response. Again, disappointing. I see the instructions talk about using the Mytek control program on a computer to do the update. However, a previous update enabled an ‘over the air’ update facility. Can this latest update be done that way I wonder?

You asked …a previous update enabled an ‘over the air’ update facility. Can this latest update be done that way I wonder?

I think I read somewhere that the wold thing - network module AND main board firmware updates - should be accessible from the Info menu item; no PC/Mac required.

I’m sorry I didn’t check that before I upgraded, the old fashioned way. :wink:

Also - for anyone who’s tried this - is there a way to keep the display always on? Without timing out, and going dark?

If it’s buried in the menus somewhere, I’ve missed it.

Thanks.

Found it… it’s one of the “Delay” menu items, and it has a disable setting, leaving album art up all the time.

Also, there’s a new mainboard firmware update available today; v1.40. Good thing, as my old v1.30 was a bit wonky. Did not mention it, just to see if it settled down. But now it all runs smooth. Cool.

Quick update on this. The new firmware downloaded fine over the ‘net. Haven’t actually used it yet.

Im sorry, what do you mean with “then manually resetting the 15-20 configuration menu options back to what they were supposed to be got the cover art working”

I have the exact same problem, art work nor showing using roon and mytek brooklyn bridge, already did a default settings restore of the unit, thanks!

In the BB’s menu, there are many configurable options. You have no doubt set some of them to things that work for you. Like input being “Network”. Or choosing the color of the lights inside the unit. And many more. When you reset the BB back to factory defaults, ALL of the changes you might have made to the configurable menu options go back to what they were when the unit was new.

But as I recall it was resetting the unit back to factory defaults BEFORE making the upgrade is what made the art work show up for me. When I first made the upgrade, I got no artwork. That only showed up once I reset the unit back to factory defaults and THEN performed the upgrade. Losing my “custom” menu settings was just a hassle that was created as a consequence of performing the required factory reset.

1 Like

thanks, Scolley!

Figured it out, like you said, it only works using NET INPUT, I was using USB INPUT, hopefully they can enable USB INPUT cover art on a future update as that is how I prefer to use Roon with the Mytek

thanks!

Happy to help. But sorry it is not working to your needs. :frowning:

1 Like

Hopefully you have firmware 1.44

1 Like