New Eric Clapton album in TIDAL & Roon, but tracks unavailable

Any update on this situation? Is this a bug unique to this album or is this a new symptom of the problem with Roon and Tidal syncing?

Something is weird with the rights for this album – it’s not something we’ve seen before, but we’re looking into it and trying to understand if this is a one-off, or something we can do better with in the future.

The streaming rights for affected countries say the album should be available on June 3rd so at the latest it should be available to stream then – if we can get a handle on this before then, I’ll let you guys know.

@mike It is strange because there is no rights problem with the Tidal app, just with Roon. I wonder if the rights Tidal has do not allow it to only be streamed by the TIDAL app and not 3rd party apps like Roon. If so, this could be a problem we see more often, that the library available outside of the Tidal app is limited.

No, it’s not that.

The format of the streaming dates we’re getting from TIDAL is just different from what we’ve seen before – we just need to understand whether this is a weird case or something we need to make a change for.

Either way, it should be available tomorrow, and we’re talking with TIDAL about making changes if this date formatting is expected.

Thanks. That is helpful.

fg

Edit: Some albums in Tidal play. Others do not. Almost everything I have added in the past week does not. Very odd.

The saga continues with this album @mike. The tracks now appear in Roon, and are “available” (except for track 3), complete with metadata. However, they won’t play. The counter never starts, and the blue animation bounces back and forth. Other Tidal albums play fine.

I can play the album OK (track 3 unavailable). Power cycling and clearing Tidal cache might be worth trying.

Well, power cycling worked. So far so good. What’s the best way to restart RoonServer from the command line in Linux? Same ? re clearing the cache.

If you used the easy installer script then it implemented the reccomended settings including:

The app is launched immediately, and will relaunch automatically at boot.

My question was about quitting Roonserver and restarting again without rebooting the server (hardware).

I usually use Ctrl-c to stop any program that I’ve started from the command line, worth trying first.

If that doesn’t work then:

sudo killall roonserver

To restart:

roonserver

and then close the terminal.

Edit: Also “roonserver help” will list the various command line options for roonserver, one of which will be a quit.

sudo systemctl restart roonserver

Or, in two parts:

sudo systemctl stop roonserver

and

sudo systemctl start roonserver

And as for Clapton: it’s available, it plays (incl. track 3) and I can’t see myself ever listening to it again. Life’s unfair. :slight_smile:

Actually that is the point of Roon and Tidal working well together. One can listen without purchasing to discover if it is for you or not. A lot is lost when new releases take a week or two or more to appear in Roon.

New Arctic Monkeys album, according to file tags available to stream only starting tomorrow :cry:
Works in Tidal (was added in the last hour or so)

Same problem here. Restarted ROCK, still shows as unavailable. Plays fine from Tidal app.