New Hardware that shall I chose?

I agree with David and will add don’t waste money on SSD for your music, just for the boot drive assuming you are going the Windows route with this. Spend money on your processor if you plan to do any upsampling. Ram 16gb with windows 10 is ample. The other thing to consider is a silent or as quiet as possible fan if you plan to use it anywhere near your Hifi space.

If you are using lan based endpoints this noise is less of an issue as the server and NAS can be elsewhere as long as you have a wired lan network to connect everything.

But the NUC even the i3 one might be more than enough if you are not upsampling and depending on the size of your library.

So you and David are meaning that the ASUS Vivo that I showed you!
Can I buy? But the SSD on 256 GB for OS and the SSD on 960 GB we’re included in the price and wouldn’t be cheaper if I didn’t want the SSD on 960 GB! It have 16 GB DDR3L Ram memory speed on 1600 MHz and it’s max, but it have a Flash memory 4 in 1 card reader (can I put a Flash memory into that to get more or faster memory)?
The processor is a Core i7
Clock freqvens 2.8 GHz
Max. turbofrekvens 3.6 GHz
Cachestorlek 8 MB
Processorgeneration 6
Processortillverkare Intel
Processormodell I7-6700T
Number of cores is 4 cores

It comes with Windows 10 Professional but if I want can I change it to a Linux version instead or?

It’s pretty silent it stands what when it works on max, so is it like the silence on a library!

Here’s a picture on how much power it draws and dB in idle and on max!

So is it something that I can buy or?
I can always sell the SSD on 960 GB!

I believe that I can change the memory to DDR4 instead if that’s better?

I7-6700T is low power last generation i7. I really can say how this will perform against say the 7i7 NUC used in rock

If you are not comfortable building a NUC then going Linux will be something that might not appeal either.

No idea what dac or how big your library is or if you need upsampling. As this is under the ROCK subject then we should be either looking at you needs based on ROCK options or just get a min spec windows machine or spec it up depending on your needs.

This might be of some help

Thanks a lot for your great help and knowledge, that you are sharing with me :smile:.
Your NUC that you gave me the link to, seems to be great as well as your other products!
I don’t know if I will/want to use Linux and ROCK for the moment, because I would like to have the opportunity to use the NUK to watching, a program from a web browser called Qello Concerts (a music service with live concerts)!
So I get the music from my stereo system and the picture on my Big Panasonic 60" Plasma Reference TV! Before I got a large home theater system, but I have sold off the most I only have a receiver and Blue ray player left and I have a lot of speakers so I can run 5.2! So I have spent the money to upgrade my stereo system instead!

But the NUK that you have had HDMI and card for a screen or TV, so I could use that to that to! But the most important is the music for me! But I want to have the opportunity if I want to use it to my home theater system as well! But I don’t want to do it on music and Roon’s costs! Well I believe that you understand that I mean! So the NUK and your other products to it would be perfect for me, the only thing is that I will use Windows instead of Linux! For the moment anyway :sunny:

Would that work? Or what do you think about it?
I even should be able to put it together my self, because I don’t have to put into another box :smile:!

The NUC specs that roon suggest can run windows too no issues at all but maybe for windows I would spec them with 16gb ram.

No products are mine…just thought the NUC build out might be of interest to give you some confidence to tackle yourself.

Again you need to detail what you need roon to do re playback / upsampling and DSP options plus your library size. This will determine for any system what spec you should be looking at…the more you need to deal with DSP wise and library size the better spec machine you should consider.

Hope that helps

I want to play music with Roon, from TIDAL, ripped CDs and DSD music files from my NAS! I want to have the opportunity to up sample my music with Roon and Signalyst HQPlayer! I want to use the DSP if I want, now I use the Headroom Management and Sample Rate Conversion! I maybe want to use the Parametric EQ and the Procedural EQ with different Operation!
I use a ifi micro iUSB3.0 with the ifi Gemini USB cable, two USB out, one for only power and one for only music! It’s splitting up in the USB B connection into the iUSB3.0! That has two USB out with two USB ports each one for power and one for music, so I can have/and have two different DAC’s connected one for MQA and one for all my other music that I streaming/playing from Roon!

Was it this you needed to now, or have I missed something :+1:.

I forgot one thing, I have about ripped CDs and DSD music files around 400-500 GB. On my NAS and some that still are on my laptop, around 100-150 GB!

It’s nearly 3am here and I have to travel tomorrow so the best I can suggest now based on all that you need to do DSP wise is get yourself something fast and I think at that rate you might need a 2nd machine for HQP. And if you did go ROCK it (hqp) won’t run on that platform either.

:sleepy: :sleeping:

Apertura !

Overtura !

@Daniel_Lehr @thyname

What do you want to say by that?

Hi, Apertura is a excepcional material built from 3La Rosita" in France!
http://larosita.fr

@Mikael_Ollars
Have you tried to use your Entreq Minimus (is the Silver Minimus?)
To your amp? Because you get out so much more what way, instead of to your RIAA! Who told you to use it to your RIIA? Because Entreq doesn’t do anything to Turntables and products that are used with it! Have your ground cable spades in both ends? Because if it has it, “(bend and form one of them so you can put it over one of your free, rca contacts on your amp it doesn’t matter witch one! Just be careful so you doesn’t came against the middle + pole)”
That’s the best way, or put it to a - minus speaker on the amp!
Write a message to me and tell me how it works, or if you have some questions about it!

Looking nice :+1:, I shall read more about it :sunny:

@thyname
I have been in contact with Andrew, but he said that I should buy the i7 instead!
It’s surely great products but so are also the prices!

I found this yesterday for €800

ASUS VivoMini VC65

The processor is a Core i7
Clock freqvens 2.8 GHz
Max. turbofrekvens 3.6 GHz
Cachestorlek 8 MB
Processorgeneration 6
Processortillverkare Intel
Processormodell I7-6700T
Number of cores is 4 cores

It comes with Windows 10 Professional

It’s pretty silent it stands what when it works on max, so is it like the silence on a library!

Here’s a picture on how much power it draws and dB in idle and on max

But honestly, so don’t I now anything anymore!
I showed it up yesterday and the I7 processor, the memory and so on and on!
Wouldn’t be strong or fast enough, if I should use my HQPlayer or the DSP in maybe it would be able to run at the same time in Roon! It wouldn’t be so great sound either!
But on my 8 years old pc laptop with a i5 processor and 6 GB memory can I do it without no problem at all!
The sound that I have, we’ll you wouldn’t believe it if you visit me and heard it :smile:.
Can anyone explain this to me? Because it’s a equation that doesn’t I can figure out!!!
When it comes to the sound part, so doesn’t I use a cable from my computer to my stereo! I don’t use any sound from my computer at all I have other devices that take care of the sound! My computer playing music with Roon that’s all!!! So if it’s almost impossible to get any better sound that I have now without spending around €50-100K! So doesn’t I get how much impact that kind of computer, NUC or other streaming devices would have on my sound!
I have tested Aurender S-10 and N-10 (around €5.000-10.000) but they didn’t made my sound any better! I even compared them with my laptop :smile: but no difference, maybe some difference between them but not on the sound!

@Anders_Strengberg Well, you will have to ask yourself:

1 - Do you have more than 450,000 tracks in your library?

2 - Are you heavy user of DSP functions on Roon?

If you answer “yes” to either of the questions above, then you would likely need the i7. If the answer is “no” to both, then i5 would be fine.

This was a suggestion in terms of getting something that runs Roon out of the box with no DIY skills. Yes, they are not cheap, but they are cheaper than Nucleus solution, which by the way it is not available for sale yet.

Hi thyname :sunny:

1. No, and the most of my songs are on my Nas!
  2. No, the Headroom Management and Sample Rate Conversion!

So the i5 bundle and a Sonicorbiter because I have 2 DAC’s! (But the company that makes the microRendu and sonicorbiter have told me that the sonicorbiter are not for hifi/high-end people! It’s more for the average music listeners)!
Okay I can buying only the i5 SonicTransporter from Andrew, and 2 microRendu from the company that makes them because I get $100 off on each :smile: so when I get it cheaper as well :+1:.