New install, constant disconnects from the core

Core:
2.93 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500
4GB Memory
500GB SSD Drvie
Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.867)

Not a powerhouse, but the core is the only thing running on the PC.

Roon is at the latest version of 1.8 64 Bit

I have trouble even connecting long enough to get the Roon version number. Sometimes it connects again, some times I have to force it to.

It doesn’t matter if the client is another gigabit wired PC or a WiFi phone or tablet, it just keeps disconnecting.

I have the library indexing function throttled.

Firewalls are open, every machine is on the same network

I am two days into my trial and wonder if this is what I have to look forward to with 1.8

Update: It seems like the library scanning is looping. One location is scanning, starts adding, and then crash. If I turn that location off, the crashing stops and I can stay connected to the core. So how do I figure out what is causing the loop?

Perhaps show a screenshot of how you have your storage location configured in Roons storage settings? Is it a local folder to the core or a network share? As a Roon core it’s really underpowered so if you have a large library of music it’s going to likely chug along.indexing but this should not cause it to hang and refuse connections unless it’s completely maxing it out.

Hi @John_Powell2 — Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the trouble here.

Can you send a screenshot of the scanning as well as a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Please also use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

I had 3 folders in storage. 2 of them scanned, the third kept crashing at 34,996 files.
I installed Ubuntu and am loading the core on that. Then we will see if it catalogs everything.

All the tracks imported with the Linux version, so I assume it was a windows isse.

Thanks for the update, @John_Powell2!

Are you going to continue using the Linux Core since that worked for you?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.