New(ish) Music! What are you discovering?

Now that is awesome to hear!

1 Like

Wicked bass in tracks 2 & 3 and a few more. Was testing with IEM’s and most couldn’t cope at all…boom boom shake the room

1 Like

Indeed. Can almost feel it with the headphones I’m trialing over the weekend. Interesting test track, would never have come across it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks @wizardofoz

Here’s a great new find…

Sort of dreamy West Coast Americana for want of a better description. Listened to it in one sitting without a break which is unusual.

Superb, semi-ambient, haunting new album by Nick Cave & The Badseeds. I really try with NC and just don’t find him that accessible, but this is a stunner, if you like things a bit slower and melancholic…

2 Likes

I like this one too.
I got in to Nick Cave after seeing him live at a festival, it certainly wouldn’t fit into a mixed live set…

No. It’s very personal, I was reading now, it’s a catharsis of grief of sorts; Nick Cave lost his son back in 2015. Certainly it’s got to me.

1 Like

5 Likes

Thoughtful, quirky, melodic alt-folk. Very enjoyable.

Reply to an old post but I can totally agree about seeing Thee Oh Sees live. The energy they put out is amazing

1 Like

Enjoying this album from Marillion founder member and guitarist…instrumental guitar, Wilson and Hackett guest. Nice…

4 Likes

If you have the opportunity, see the mini series “Chernobyl”, really disturbing view on the events that lead Pripyat to what it is today!

1 Like

Ooops. Shows my ignorance. I hadn’t even twigged any significance to the Pripyat in the title :thinking::anguished:

very nice slice of heavy prog rock, instrumental but not in the least bit boring…

3 Likes

I have seen them live at Prog Power EU in 2011. Great gig. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice 1 :slight_smile:

Wow… listened to this on a walk with the dog just now… Brilliant. Best album I’ve heard by Santana since Abraxas. It has that same heady feed to it. Chaotic, yet hypnotic and mesmerising at the same time. Some really cracking cuts here. It has a live feel to it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Just started listening.

1 Like

2 Likes