New MacBook Air cant connect to my PC (Roon Core)

Roon Core Machine

WIndows
i7 13700KF
32 GB 6000 mhz DDR5 Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not sure model, but I am running ethernet, is no problem.

Connected Audio Devices

PC to DAC only. Or wireless

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I just got a Macbook Air 16gb ram 512 gb storage with the newest M2 chip. I installed Roon, and I cant connect to my PC (Windows, 4090, 13700KF) , as its the core I have for roon. Both of my phone’s were able to connect to the roon core just fine, but the Macbook seems to have a problem with it. It will just load forever and ever.
I do not know what to do, please help!

Hey @Alessandro_Andromida,

Following up on this thread, were you able to get things sorted out for your MacBook Air being used as a Roon remote?

If not, I’d make sure they’re on the same subnet within your network. Any additional information around your network would be helpful as well :+1:

Thanks for the reply. I still have not been able to figure it out, but I will try to make sure they are on the same subnet. I have not had issues connecting both the S22 Ultra, and Iphone 14 pro max, and using Roon Arc. Im not sure if that is separate, but yeah, I cannot use the macbook still as a remote.

Hey @Alessandro_Andromida

As a next step, we’ll need to gather a set of manual logs from the Macbook. Please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.