New MicroRendu - only plays MQA files?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is my Windows 10 PC/Roon version 1.8 (build 765)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nighthawk R8000P, connected by ethernet to core and MicroRendu

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MicroRendu connected by USB to SMSL SU-9 DAC. PC connected by optical to SMSL SU-9 DAC

Description Of Issue

PC has been my Roon Core for about 6 months (since I got it), connected to SMSL SU-9 DAC by USB. Play Tidal streaming and my own rips stored on external hard drive. DAC connected to Cambridge Audio CXA81 Integrated Amplifier. Everything has been working 100%.

Just got MicroRendu. Connected it to Netgear Router using ethernet, and connected to DAC using USB. When I stream Tidal MQA songs using Roon, everything is fine.

When I play non-MQA files streamed from Tidal via Roon 1) there is a long pause, 2) I get two seconds of song, 3) then sound stops, 4) I get “TIDAL media is loading slowly. This may indicate network or connectivity problems.” 5) skips to next song and repeats process.

When I play ripped files stored on my hard drive, it does same thing except says “An audio file is loading slowly . . .” It does this for all FLAC files (other than MQA), AAC files, and MP3 files.

If I use my optical connection directly from PC to DAC, everything works fine. If I use my system output, everything works fine. If I send to my home theater system via AirPlay, everything works fine.

I have updated Roon, Tidal, and Router and restarted them all, as well as PC.

When I go into Roon device support for the MicroRendu, it shows it as a “bridge device” and lists the SMSL DAC as the “audio device.” I have it set to “Decoder and renderer” MQA abilities, but have tried all the settings there to no avail.

I am very confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Try posting your question here:
Sonore Support Forum

They are usually quick to respond.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.