New music not loading in Roon

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus+

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi mesh network

Connected Audio Devices

Several connected devices. iMac, dCS Bartok, Homepods, Apple devices.

Library Size

Large library

Description of Issue

I added two albums to the Data/Storage/[hard drive name] folder on an SSD hard drive connected to my Nucleus+. The albums are in a folder called Bandcamp Music. Those two new albums are not showing up in Roon. Albums are sorted by date added.

Roon is set to continually scan for new music. Forcing a rescan did not work. I restarted the Server Software and the Nucleus+ device without luck. Also restarted the iMac that’s connected to Roon.

Is there another way to force a rescan to have new music show up in Roon?

Thanks.

Hi @Andrew_Thompson

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

@Dylan thanks for the info. I did check the skipped files and there were a few from 2006, but notes files.

After reading the KB articles I checked for special characters and found none in the folder names. However, when I opened the folders they were empty! Something must have happened when I copied the folders over to the Nucleus+ HD. I copied the files into the folders and now everything is fine. All’s good.

Thanks for you help. In this case, well I guess it’s user error - I should have checked that there was actual music content in the folders :upside_down_face:

1 Like