New NUC that I can not get to play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel NUC 8i
Linux op system

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
NUC plugged into Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
McIntosh pre amp 2600 with internal DAC

Description Of Issue
I am using an iPad.
The Roon app recognizes my McIntosh preamp
I cannot get anything to play on my system.

Screen shot of your Device Setup and Settings==>Audio?

Hi @James_Grenfell,

Is it just the McIntosh that is impacted by this issue? If you try to start playback to your iPad internal speakers, does that zone work as expected?

A screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab would also help, as @xxx noted.

The iPad speakers work with the Roon app.

Hi @James_Grenfell,

Thanks for confirming that the iPad speakers work as expected, this means we can better focus our efforts on the McIntosh. A few questions:

1. Are you using latest McIntosh firmware?
  2. Does another USB cable / USB port have same behavior?
  3. Does rebooting the Core / McIntosh trigger any change in behavior?
1 Like

1 yes latest firmware
2 yes same behavior
3 reboot does nothing to either unit

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @James_Grenfell,

It looks like your thread might have accidentally been marked as the solution, do you still require assistance with this?

According to this screenshot, it looks like you started output to your iPad zone, I would select the McIntosh Zone where is currently says iPad (2).

My roon remote audio no longer shows Mc pre as an option. It has analog ALSA, zero ALSA, one ALSA, two ALSA, three ALSA and four ALSA plus iPhone. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it.
Thanks,
Jim

Hi @James_Grenfell ,

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see? How do you have the MC Pre connected via USB? Have you tried a different USB cable/port?