New Nucleus Titan?

Nucleus Titan from Harman
What does this mean for Nucleus or NUC Rock owners?
Will previous versions retain full access to all features?

1 Like

What is a Harman Nucleus Titan?

Business as usual, I would expect. Iā€™d be very surprised if it wasnā€™t. After all, newer generations of the Intel NUC did not introduce Roon features that werenā€™t available on older generations.

4 Likes

Spending more money.

I guess this?
Roon Labs and Harman International Unveil Groundbreaking Nucleus Titan at CES 2024 - Roon Labs

5 Likes

Ah, thanks, I had trouble finding it on Google but forgot about CES.

Edit: It would be nice if they talked more about the computer hardware and less about the wood enclosure made for display and admiration.

17 Likes

You beat me to it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I mean, if it handles the most giant libraries and one has cash to spare and no interest in building a monster PC, why not. Looking at pretty things is nice, and we get fewer ā€œmy Roon is slow with 1000000 tracksā€ posts. Win-win :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Itā€™s Roon Policy not to talk about the internal specs - ā€œItā€™s an appliance, not a PCā€. Weā€™ll just have to wait for the teardownā€¦ :grinning:

2 Likes

It makes sense in a way, but Iā€™d at least liked to see an estimate about how big we are talking, similar as the info published for the Nucleus

Iā€™m sure the relevant Help Article will eventually get updated to take account of the Titanā€¦

2 Likes

Post Deleted

Iā€™m just curious when I read ā€œmost voluminousā€

1 Like

132 posts were split to a new topic: All the stuff from the Nucleus Titan thread that has nothing to do with Nucleus Titan

I love monster PCs. For $3,700, it would be a heck of a monster.

Given the storage options, it probably means 8TB of music? Of course, you could use external storage (DAS or NAS), but then, it wouldnā€™t be as admirable.

2 Likes

Titan? What is clearly needed is a special ā€˜Grateful Deadā€™ edition to cope with that groups live output. Deadhead sticker on the front of course.

8 Likes

This sounds like great news to me. What I see is that harman is making a non-trivial investment in marketing, making a big splash at a high-visibility event. They are making a premium product aimed at an elite market, while still supporting us plebes, and meybe bringing in new high-roller revenues to subsidize more development. For now Iā€™m pleasantly surprised and cautiously optimistic.

7 Likes

Nucleus ā€œTitan???!!!ā€ Did nobody at Roon/Harman read the news last year? That said, appropriate name I guess for an overpriced toy for rich people.

8 Likes

Which news last year, one of the best selling iPhones ever?

At $3700, no thanks. :-1:

10 Likes

Although quite short of technical details (well, other than the case) at least the price is revealed. Tells me something

2 Likes