New Pearl Jam Gigaton issue

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to which are available through roon and which aren’t.
Some new albums released today are immediately available in roon and others released yesterday are still not available. Very confusing.

Hi Dylan, thank for your answer, now it’s the same with Pearl Jams Gigaton. The album is visible on qobuz and can be streamed, but not on roon and qobuz.
Thnx for your help
Ralf

I added Gigaton as a fav in Qobuz on the day of release (26/3) and it’s still not showing in Roon. The Tidal version shows up in Roon.

Shocked that it’s still not there. Hopefully there is something else going on.

Can you Imagine just paying $699 for a lifetime license then discover can’t even listen to some new releases right away.

And then have another thread where roon is touting streaming as the future and a dinosaur for not listening to new music only to make it difficult to do just that.

I love roon but this has been my biggest issue for years. The free app from the streaming provider shouldn’t be better than roon. And also still don’t understand why albums can be pushed thru and metadata added later. At least allow us to listen right away.

I went to the record store and bought the album, 10,99€ at Qobuz Hi-Res store.

Dirk

Hi everyone,

Qobuz has now sent us the necessary data for this album and we have verified that it is now available within Roon (if you’re not seeing it just yet, it should be very soon). We’ve discussed this issue with Qobuz (the album dropped late at a bad time) and have established some new procedures with them so that this specific issue shouldn’t happen again.

We appreciate everyone’s patience as we worked with Qobuz on this!

5 Likes

It has appeared in my collection now, thanks for resolving this @dylan

1 Like

Yes, thank you.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully I wasn’t too harsh.

Not having the album in roon reminded me of going to the record store on new release day (used to be Tuesday in the Us) and finding it sold out.

I’m not even a big Pearl Jam fan but heard a few tracks off the new album and sounds like trying new things so was interested if these were one offs or the whole album was good. Haven’t kept up with them since the late ‘90s.

It’s quite a rocking album!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.