New pricing for TIDAL

Where are those prices from?

southeastern Europe or Turkey

Still getting MQA material in Roon on hifi sub in Roon there is no escape.

Does seem that it’s only 44.1/24 that comes through any above this it only streams 44.1/16 flac or so it says.

Cheers Danny…

Doubt it’s Turkey as they have Turkish Lira there and Tidal have announced they will no longer be offering streaming services there.

Those Euro prices are good. We’re getting ripped off here in the UK.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Eastern Europe - Doubt you’d like to trade places for a cheaper Tidal subscription. No, you’re not getting ripped off in the UK.

3 Likes

I am Eastern European :wink: And yes, we are being ripped off here.

1 Like

Here are my findings so far.
I signed up for the free tier this morning, indeed it is truly free, they do not even ask for any credit card details.
I am able to add albums and play them and their curated playlists…but only on a local player, like my phone or on the PC where I installed Tidal desktop.
I have not managed to play through Roon as under services for Tidal it says no stream format available.
This maybe unrelated as plenty of reports of that around here but I have not been able to change it no matter what I have tried so far.

Actually on the Tidal desktop it does not sound terrible and ads are not too intrusive so far.
In fact it has played three songs from an album so far with no ad interruptions, will update as to frequency of ads…when they occur!
Alright, lol, three songs and then an ad of 10 seconds and then back to the album…i can live with that for free atm.
Now if could just get it working through Roon…

I am located in South East USA.

I’m a Qobuz Studio Sublime user (preferred purchase options with Sublime). I was paying for the lower tier Tidal, also receiving a qualifying discount. In effect, I get a bump to CD quality from MP3 compressed for free.

Head to head I prefer Qobuz over Tidal, but keep both.

2 Likes

That is almost exactly my situation, except I have Qobuz without downloads, and I’m keeping both. By the way, I just checked and here are some of my findings for Tidal Hifi played via Roon

1. Almost all recordings in Tidal will play at CD quality (16bit/44.1kHz)

2. Exceptions to the above are that recordings listed in Tidal as “FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit (or 24bit) MQA 44.1kHz” will play back at 88.2kHz 24bit using Roon’s MQA core decoder. See screen shot below. Please note that recordings listed with MQA greater than 44.1kHz, e.g. MQA 192kHz, will just play at CD quality. Go figure.

1 Like

I needed to log in and log out to get the new Tidal settings to take effect. Everything is A-OK.

In addition to preferring Qobuz as my primary streaming service, I can’t say enough about their excellent customer support. Qobuz staff is very responsive to customer inquiries. I’ve needed to reach out to Qobuz CS recently specific to a couple of Sublime related Hi-Res purchases.

@Qobuz_Customer_Servi
@Qobuz

1 Like

I’m a Tidal Master subscriber and will likely downgrade to the (new) standard HiFi tier. Will my saved MQA albums downgrade to standard Redbook (CD) standard? Or will my saved Master albums simply be lost within Roon?

cheers

3 Likes

Same question over here. I have just posted in the Plex forums to seek to clarify this - I currently have my subscription to the former ‘Hifi’ tier bought via them. Hopefully it will be updated also - will report back if I get a reply.

1 Like

I think they have just put a cap on it for anything above 44.1. Whether the 48/24 mqa stuff is tampered with or they are true 44 1 non MQA I guess is unknown.

This appears to be a positive step for Tidal, Roon, and artists.

3 Likes
  1. I signed up to a new Tidal account (not the free trial one)
  2. dowloaded the Tidal desktop app on to my laptop
  3. Opened the Tidal desktop app and signed in
  4. Opened Roon
  5. Signed into Tidal on Roon
  6. Now have access to Tidal
  7. Checked my subscription on Tidal website under my account and it says ‘No Subscription’

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Australian prices are still high.
I’ve been very happy with Qobuz, no issues… Won’t be switching.

Its interesting Tidal is marketing without the acronym MQA on the Hifi Minus plan.

You are right:

On the South Africa Tidal site its showing R60 hifi R120 hifi plus

No Free Tier

Both very “salary adjusted” rates, eg R 60 = $4 . Spotify and Apple Music are reduced much the same, Apple is R 60 after 3 months free

I am on some hybrid they offered a while back at R90 for what is now hi fi plus (I assume)

Something about dogs eating dogs ?

Looks like all the MQA albums still show in Roon but play as flac (after signing in/out and selecting HIFI under Tidal settings in Roon).

1 Like