New qobuz service : hebdo personnalized playlist

Make sure you click on the Play button and not just the picture.

When you click on the Play button, this screen should come up and it should be playing

Then swipe left. That should take you to this screen (notice it says Queue at the top center of the screen)

On the upper right next to where it says Edit, click the 3 dots to save the playlist.

WE’RE getting there. No one mentioned the swiping step… So, now i have the screen that says ‘play queue’ (and it is playing) but when I hit the three dots, I get the choice ‘create playlist’ (so not ‘save as playlist’). When i choose that, a white screen appears and nothing happens.

Sorry for the incomplete steps.

Yes, click Create Playlist. When I do that I get this screen

It sounds like you are not getting this screen?

On this screen I click on the + symbol, then this comes up

I chose Public Playlist, then this comes up

I typed in a name for the playlist then click Create.

It should then show up in Roon under Qobuz > My Qobuz > My Playlists (you may have to force sync).

However, doing this the playlist still doesn’t show up in Roon under My Stuff > Playlists.

It seems the that only playlists that have been favorited by clicking on the heart icon (when viewing the playlist) in the Qobuz app show up in Roon under My Stuff > Playlists. Unfortunately, the My Weekly Q playlist in the Qobuz app doesn’t have the heart icon to “favorite “ it.

I suspect to get the My Weekly Q playlist to show in Roon Playlists, you would have to create the Weekly Q playlists using the steps above in the Qobuz app, then open it in the Roon app (under Qobuz > My Qobuz > My Playlists (click on the desired playlist pic, not the play button), click on Add to Playlist, click on New Playlist, name the playlist and click Create. It should then show in Roon under My Stuff > Playlists.

I hope I haven’t miss a step here. If so, don’t hesitate to ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know why in your case the Weekly Q automatically showing up in Roon Playlists when you save it in Qobuz.

When I save the Weekly Q in Qobuz, it does show in Roon under Qobuz > My Qobuz > My Playlists, but not in Roon under My Stuff > Playlists. To get it to show in My Stuff > Playlists, I have to go through the extra steps as I described previously to create a new playlist in Roon.

The only Qobuz playlists that automatically show up in Roon under My Stuff > Playlists are ones that I “hearted” in the Qobuz app. The Weekly Q playlist in Qobuz doesn’t have the “Heart” option.

I would suggest something is up with your account and Roon. Works as I said for me. I don’t have to heart anything. When you Create a playlist you have added it to your Qobuz library and it will sync as any album would as you have already essentially hearted it by creating it.

Yes, something is odd here.

I created the playlist in Qobuz (named Q Weekly)

But it doesn’t show in Roon under My Stuff > Playlists

I tried the same with other playlists in Qobuz with the same result. :frowning:

I just tested “hearting” a Qobuz playlist, and it worked fine. So if I “create” a playlist in Qobuz, it doesn’t show up in Roon under Playlists, but if I “heart” a playlist in Qobuz, it does show up in Roon Playlists.

Strange…… :man_shrugging:

What platform remote are you using for Qobuz?

IPad (latest iOS) 7th gen.

PS - I see the same on my Windows 10 PC Roon app (just used as controller).

More info……

I found this in the Roon Knowledge base (I assume the same applies to Qobuz)

“… You can also browse for Tidal playlists in Roon by selecting Tidal from the main navigation sidebar. If you find a playlist that you like, select it, click the 3 dots icon and select Edit and Save A Local Copy…”

If I pull up Roon and go into Qobuz > My Qobuz > My Playlists, then select the Q Weekly playlist, select the 3 dots, the select Save Local Copy, then it shows up in Roon under My Stuff > Playlists.

This extra procedure seems to match what the Knowledge Base describes. Apparently, you don’t have to go through these extra steps to get it to show in Roon Playlists, so something is off here.

Ugh, I guess I need to start a support thread to see what the Roon folks say.

I can safely say I have never done what they say there and my playlists have always synced. Only time I use the Qobuz section of Roon is too look at new releases never go to playlists.

1 Like

I want your secret! :grin::+1:

1 Like

Just tried making a playlist with just two track. Saved,.forced sync it’s in my playlists.

Showoff! :grin::grin::grin:

It’s very odd as to why it works for me and not for you. Is it a Qobuz issue or a Roon issue.

Ok, it’s getting stranger……

I just tried what you did; created an empty playlist in Qobuz, added a couple tracks, opened Roon and forced a sync, and it worked!!! But, the other playlists I created in Qobuz (ie Q Weekly) still don’t show up.

Gonna test something different……

That is very strange.

I just did more testing. If I create a playlist in Qobuz by directly selecting (by clicking the Play button, 3 button menu, create playlist, etc) one of Qobuz’s suggested playlists, such as My Weekly Q, it will not show up in Roon Playlists.

However, if in Qobuz I go to My Qobuz and create an empty playlist by clicking on “+ Create a Playlist”, then go to Discover, click Play on the desired playlist (ie My Weekly Q), then add it to the empty playlist I just created, it will show up in Roon Playlists after forcing a sync.

I take it in your case if you want to save an existing suggested Qobuz playlist you can do so directly through that playlist without having to create a new empty playlist first?

Yes that is correct. I have found that hitting the + button doesnt always work first time. I think this is Qobuz apps bad behaviour and not Roon perhaps it’s doing something odd. Out of all the playlists in Qobuz this is the only one you cant heart from the UI maybe something to do with it.

Tried another playlist for Top Albums played saved it, it’s synced.

This is definitely one for support.

1 Like

This is what I found as well. A Qobuz playlist created empty and then the manually adding of a few tracks sync’d with Roon right away. But a playlist created in Qobuz direct from the play queue contents refused to sync with Roon, even after reboots and 24 hours wait.

Whats my system go that yours doesnt. Most odd!!

I run Rock, remotes are mixed Android moslty , but have mac, windows and iOS.

Virgin Media ISP, DNS is currently Quad9