New qobuz service : hebdo personnalized playlist

Yeah it’s really odd, but I have a feeling it might be a Qobuz (or at least a Qobuz account) issue rather than a Roon one.

It could be Roon but the fact a vanilla playlist syncs immediately makes me think there is something else going on.

I have ROCK on a NUC 8i3, iOS, Windows and macOS controllers. I was using the iOS Qobuz app to create the playlists. DNS is cloudflare in ROCK at least.

I noticed that the suggested playlists in the Qobuz app are also available in Roon under Qobuz > Playlists, except for My Weekly Q. Adding a suggested Qobuz playlist in Roon is as simple as selecting the playlist, select the 3 dot menu, then select Save a Local Copy. Hopefully, Roon will add this ability for My Weekly Q playlist as well.

1 Like

@support So this is obviously important to many Qobuz users. What’s the current status about displaying the playlist automatically in Roon?

3 Likes

Thanks for all the tips on importing a Qobuz playlist into Roon. After a couple of stumbles I have it working thanks to all who’ve taken the time to show the steps involved. Sometimes when you know how to do something it can seem so simple its hard to appreciate how others can’t do it. Patience by those with the knowledge helping others who are on the learning curve is much appreciated.

1 Like

Well, success at last! I still get the white screen, but it does have the + sign and it works. After a forced sync the playlist appeared in Roon. Thanks everyone for your help and patience!

1 Like

As for roon access to the Q Weekly playlist, a Qobuz exec said this on another forum:

Yes this one will be available for all Qobuz Partner in the futur. For the moment we need to apply to all Qobuz application and be sure that this feature is working well.

Don’t know how roon interface works compared to others using qobuz API, but sounds like they are restricting it to their apps for now. Hopefully roon will include it when qobuz exposes it.

1 Like

In case anyone is interested, I stumbled over this problem as well and performed some testing:
First, I created a playlist as described above in the Qobuz iOS app and it showed up only under “Qobuz → My Qobuz → My Playlists”.
Then, I created a playlist in the Qobuz OS app on my Mac. To my surprise the playlist showed up in the Qobuz section of the Roon app but also under “My Stuff → Playlists”.
As far as I can see, the only difference was that in the Qobuz iOS app I selected “Private Playlist” while in the OS app this option is disabled as default and I created a public playlist.
My guess is that private playlists only show up in the Qobuz section of Roon while public playlists show up in “My Stuff → Playlists” as well.

I only ever use the phone and it’s set to private lists so makes sense.

Sad to see this important feature for many still hasn’t been addressed. But Roon should be working on more Qobuz integration after Tidal‘s integration has been improved.

The reason being Qobuz don’t allow 3rd parties to access these just yet. It’s only available in their own app for now.