New recording technique from Dutch audiophile label

For those of you who like your coffee and music extra caffeinated, you might be interested in this article from Audiophile Style about One Mic Recordings from the Dutch label Sound Liaison. A new album utilizing this technique – Up Jumped the Devil – will be released by Carmen Gomes Inc. one week from today. I’m not certain whether the album will be released to the various music services or if it would need to be purchased from Sound Liaison (link to site here). At any rate, this is a development to follow!
Carmen Gomes

5 Likes

I see Audio Liaison albums on Tidal… Let’s hope we get to experiment the result of this new recording approach. BTW, there are older Carmen Gomes albums available with already great sound!

I am ever more convinced that proper recording and mastering technique is the single most influential and important aspect for our experiencing good sound in our homes… More than devices, cables, file formats or anything else…

6 Likes

Andreas, yes, I have saved this album on Tidal. Excellent recording. If you go to the Sound Liaison site, you may download a complimentary track from this album in different formats for comparison. I totally agree with you: proper recording and mastering techniques are of utmost importance.

Tonian Labs is been proving this for a while…

1 Like

This was released in 2019 with “One Microphone Recording” technique… It’s on Tidal…

1 Like

This one is shown on the Sound Liaison site but with a different cover. It’s not a One Mic Recording but it is really well done. Available on Tidal.
Odelion

1 Like

Agree with you about Tonian Labs! See this thread.