"New releases for you" is great but

@mike the genre filter in New releases for you is awesome, but please add subgenres for electronic… Electronic is just way too broad. At least add the same subgenres as in the live radio section. We had a similar discussion concerning the tagging of live radio

1 Like

Just updated to the latest releas and to my delightfull suprise there are now genre filters in the “New releases for you” Bloody marvolous, finally it is getting somewhere. Now I also want direct accesible genre filters in the album browser and genre info underneath each album. I have been wanting this since day 1 I started using Roon and I want it now more then ever. I now lots of things can be done with the focus filter but it is incovenient to use compared to direct access. It’s a psychological things that lots of people never use functions that are out of first sight. It is not good for any overview.Roon severely lacks overview but now the genre tabs in the new releases page is one big step forward imho. It’s not there yet but it is a big step

3 Likes

Not sure it’s here, this thread is long and didn’t scroll all the way, but how about that vertical scrolling! Man, that felt awesome! Roon is the only third party software I’ve ever used that incorporates sideways scrolling in its core UX. Please re-educate me as to why that was done, but it’s always been weird and very non-intuitive. The New Releases for You feature – for some reason – incorporates vertical scrolling. Wow, it was a breath of fresh air!

Roon team – whatever the reason, get rid of horizontal scrolling. PLEASE…

For me I love it as I can scroll across using the slider alphabetically on my iPad Pro. That gets me to where I want to be quickly.

1 Like

I can see that, however I would assume you would also be able to do the same vertically with the scroll bar. For me it’s also about UX continuity. Scrolling vertically for some things and vertically for others is confusing and non-intuitive.

Guess I’m just used to it and not bothered.

Since New Releases for You is a new UI, I suspect they designed it with vertical scrolling with a look to the overall refresh across Roon. One less page you have to re-engineer.

1 Like

Cool, are you implying that they are going to change over to all-vertical scroll design? Is that confirmed news?

That’s what I’m implying. But it is purely speculation.

A redo of the UI including vertical, full capability in the mobile app etc has been in planning but that’s two or three years in planning.