New Releases For You: Sort Order Differs Between ARC/Roon [Ticket In]

Are ARC and Roon supposed to be synchronised with new releases?

Image 1 shows ARC today - January 2024 updates are nearly two months ago.
Image 2 shows Roon app today

1 Like

Same here, I wonder if no-one else is seeing this?

1 Like

I am glad it’s not just me. I hope there are others and we can get a resolution soon.

1 Like

Bumping, so it doesn’t expire before Roon Support can review.

1 Like

Hi @Johnny_Maelstrom,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. I’m going to bring this to the rest of the team. I will get back to you when I know more.

1 Like

Hi @Johnny_Maelstrom,

Here’s the conclusion we’ve reached in this case from development.

The actual data here has parity, but the order doesn’t match. At all. ARC populates the New Release For You section directly from RoonServer, but the sorting logic differs so strongly between ARC and Roon in this section that it’s nearly impossible to correlate without scrolling/expanding in each app and matching each object manually.

It’s not the first time differing sort order in ARC has sewn confusion, and it’s not our aim to befuddle Roon users with ARC. This is a consequence of the differing frameworks underlying the two apps rather than a broken-window oversight. It might require a deep fix. So, we’ve ticketed this item and we’re working on improving sort order to better match across the platforms.

1 Like

Thanks @connor I appreciate you looking into this.

I’ll check the releases periodically for a fix when it’s ready.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.