New Rock - Can't access Synology NAS

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel NUC 8i5bek 1.7 core

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Synology DS 218+ NAS.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hi there, I just picked up a NUC and installed Roon on it. I restored a backup from my NAS however it seems that I cannot access the network folders on the NAS. I have SMB enabled on the NAS. It was working with core running on the NAS. Attached are pictures of my Synology settings and Roon storage settings.

As your old Core had the files locally available, your new Core now has to access them over the network. Please follow the instruction from the migration guide linked below.

From Migrating To ROCK:

Step 3: Configuration

There are a few other considerations once your database has been restored to ROCK.

Storage

In many cases you will need to re-configure Roon to find your storage devices. This could happen, for example, because your USB drive has a different path connected to ROCK.

If you need to update your storage configuration after restoring your database, please follow these instructions

Make sure to follow the instructions above to edit your existing storage configuration. Adding a new storage configuration without removing the old configuration can cause file identification issues.

Audio

Network audio devices (such as RoonReady devices, Roon Bridge, Squeezebox, HQPlayer, etc) should work without any further changes after restoring.

If you previously had an audio device directly connected to the machine running your Core, you can connect that device to ROCK and configure it like normal.

If you’d prefer to keep the audio device connected to the machine that was previously running your Core, you can also install Roon Bridge on that machine in order to make it accessible to ROCK over your network.

1 Like

Hi @Gerry_Hannochko,

@BlackJack is correct - it looks like you were accessing the shares locally since the NAS was the Core. You will need to add the shares via SMB now, for more information please see:

Add Folders By Path Guide
&
NAS Troubleshooting FAQ

Ok I have edited the paths and it seems to have pulled in the library. Thanks for the advice. G

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.