Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unify Dream Machine Pro and USW 24 Pro POE switch

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Expert Pro 220
2 Orchard Audio DACs connected to RPi runing Riopeee

Number of Tracks in Library

~13000

Description of Issue

I replaced my NUC hardware yesterday. Correctly updated BIOS and installed ROCK from Roon site and ffmpeg from Roon recommended site.

I did not restore database from previous NUC. I did a fresh load of music files to the new NUC drive.

In the last 24 hours, ROCK has used 20GB of internet data according to my network control panel and my internet has been especially slow.

I am in a rural area where my wireless Internet is slow AND I have to pay for data over my monthly allotment which I regularly go over. ROCK has already cost me $50 in data.

Why is ROCK using so much internet data? Please help

Thanks

Downloading hi-res images for ~1,000+ albums and artists.

If it was a fresh install of ROCK it also probably had to update itself to the latest version. I believe the install image is still at 1.7 rev or somewhere around there (last I knew anyway).

Data usage was close to evenly split between up and down. I have just shy of 800 albums. 10GB for that? Seems like a lot.

That is true and it did update but I did that the day before this 20GB of data.

I also still says 100% of database and settings space is still available.

Hey @Doug_McKenney,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to write in! It’s great to see you again. After reading through your thread, I’m not seeing anything that is wildly out of the ordinary unfortunately.

Because you did a fresh install and did not restore from a pervious database, Roon pushes quite a bit of data back and forth from your setup to our servers in addition to data movement on your local network. A new clean database install repeat a lot of processes that would have been handled by restoring a backup like metadata matching and audio analysis. All of that work has to be repeated for all of your local library.

I’m sorry to hear that it’s cost you additional data charges with your current network plan. It can be frustrating when things like this happen, please let me know how else we can help and if you have any additional questions here :+1:

Thanks Benjamin. Appreciate the follow-up.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.