New Tidal Release Not Available In Roon

Bob Dylan’s new Bootleg Series release More Blood, More Tracks is available as a new release in the Tidal app but does not appear in Roon.

Hello @John_Scott1,

Sorry for the troubles here. As mentioned in our documentation on the subject, the TIDAL content you see in Roon is not a direct pass through of TIDAL content, but actually Roon’s TIDAL database. That’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This database is generated multiple times per week, but in some cases albums may barely miss the cut-off and so it takes a couple days to appear in Roon. The next time this generates you’ll be seeing the album in Roon.

Thanks Dylan.

1 Like

I see this a lot on new release Fridays, and it is frustrating when the cutoff is missed.

Any chance of updating more frequently on this day only?

2 Likes

I discussed this a while ago and @brian discussed it below. Basically you may need to wait up to ~40 hours for it to show up in Roon. The explanation is below.

A little disappointing but it is what it is. I have Audirvana and mConnect Player and a UPnP renderer for Friday/Saturday listening to new releases, while waiting for Tidal albums to show up in Roon.

I know the fantastic Roon Team are working hard to improve things though (where they can). Fingers crossed.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.