New tracks or cd's not being added to the Roon library

Roon Core Machine

NUC 11,i7, WIN1064Bit, 16GB, 2TB SSD
Roon version 1.8 (build 943) (64bit)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Enterprise grade, Ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

RME ADI2 DAC FS primarily USB, Raspberry Pi OMV for storage or music.

Number of Tracks in Library

<30K

Description of Issue

I use DBPoweramp to rip CD’s. For the last month 9 cd’s from 10 are not seen by Roon at all. Even though I force scan the storage locations. Its like the scans just skip the new CD’s.

I have tried various troubleshooting steps.

Reboots, update, scanning of storage locations, etc.

Hoping someone can help.

Thank you.

You may try the troubleshooting steps from the guide and report your findings:

I have tried these. The rips are in folders, artists Kiss, Lita Ford, Twisted Sister… that have been scanned successfully before. They are just scans of other albums. Happens in both FLAC and Apple Lossless format.

Were these albums already in your library before you added the scans (for example from streaming services)? Do they show-up in skipped files?

I believe so, Tidal is the subscription which I recently renewed. 4 months ago. So some clue maybe here.

That being said, 1 album has sneaked through and is shown in the Recent activity → Added section, as well as being in the Tidal subscription.

Thanks for your help.

try labelling the folder you are uploading “test” followed by a number force a re-scan and see what happens

Albums show up there when added to your library - no matter the source (Tidal, Qobuz or files). Later adding the same album from an alternative source (again) won’t change the “date added” of the album and therefore does not lead to (another) entry.

Actually it did and was useful… Got me thinking which I am thankful for.

I had a large CD collection stolen before I had Roon. Used tidal in Roon to build up the CD’s nicked.
Then when I bought a batch of CD’s I scanned into Apple Music, its library was scanned by Roon. So the Tidal Album and the Apple music Album showed up. Then I scanned the CD in DBPoweramp, FLAC and scanned its location for storage. Three Albums displayed, which I was ok with. Job done and I worked this way for 2 years, primarily for checking and completeness. Plus I use Apple Music a bit on the go

Plus and for an example…The Kiss Album Animalize Album I have 5 versions of, all displayed and entered at different times. FLAC, Apple Lossless, Tidal FLAC 44.1KHz 16bit, Tidal FLAC 48kHz 24bit, MQA 192kHz, Tidal FLAC 48kHz 24bit. MQA 192kHz, Tidal FLAC 48kHz 24bit. MQA 96kHz. Now I see the latest date the Album was entered and have to view versions to see all others.

Perhaps I am off track with all of this. I just would like the latest CD scanned to display in ADDED full stop. Regardless of it previously being added. Its just a nice check for updates.

To continue further, I have found the following.

1. When an album you don’t have in your library is added to your library via Tidal, say Kiss Asylum here. It shows as newly ADDED… Time moves on.
  2. Then some months later you buy the album and scan in either or both ways I mention above, it now does not show in Recent Activity ADDED.
  3. So you need to find the album in Roon, click on the 3 dots and make it a Primary Version. Roon will then show the Album being added with the correct date in Recent activity ADDED. Roon will not show the previous ADDED albums of the same name, which is a change as the with the duplicate addition which again worked previously.

Hope this helps someone find Albums that have been scanned before.

Thanks.

Hello Ben Cap,

I received the update and tested.

I can confirm that Build 952 has fixed the problem. Based on 8 tests. Both ALAC and FLAC files are shown in Recent activity ADDED. So back to how it was…

Please close off this thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.