Newest update erased my Album Edits

I had edited 1,000+ recordings to identify them as bootlegs and keep them separate from “Main Albums” (yes, I’m a Deadhead) and all of those edits have been lost. Can they be recovered? If I do all that work again, will I be at risk of losing it all again?

Do you have a good DB backup from before the update? You might try restoring it.

There is an issue being investigated with the current release. Therefore, hold tight, and don’t make any changes. Your edits are in your database and should be intact.

I always suggest editing be done on the original files so that if your database is lost it can be reconstructed.

Bootlegs can be noted as Version information or album tags. I’d go the album tag route. Investigate RoonAlbumtag. See https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tags

Thanks. I wasn’t aware of the Tagging option. I will use that going forward (although I am still holding out hope that Martin was correct and my edits can be recovered).

Hey Martin, I am “holding tight” as you instructed. Any estimate on when my edits may be restored?
Thanks

I have no idea, since I’m a user just like you. However, the fact that Roon has marked the thread [Investigating] suggests that they are working on this.

Sorry Martin, I didn’t realize you were a Roon user and not part of Roon’s customer service team.