Newly added Tidal albums cover art missing

@support

I found a couple threads with similar issues but I found no resolution in them. The last 4 albums I’ve added to my library from Tidal have the generic cover art when the real cover art can’t be retrieved. The most recently last two were just added today, the other 2 were added in the past few days and I didn’t notice the problem.

If I manually re-identify the album, it finds the match and it show a thumbnail of the proper cover art, but when I click Save, it reverts back to the generic/placeholder art. If I go to Edit Album, Album Artwork, all choices indicate no image. I can manually upload the proper image and it will save and display as expected. I’ve removed and re-added 2 of the 4, this time Roon reported it was taking longer than expected, will continue in the background. Manually re-adding a few minutes later, the add completed, unfortunately, the problem remains with the re-added albums.

I’ve restarted my Core (Linux) and the problem occurs on all clients thus not a cache issue.

Does this mean Tidal can’t deliver the cover art at the moment or something amiss in the Roon Universe?

The albums play without issue.

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.31.41 PM

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.35.25 PM

I just added the first two of your albums and had no issues. (I’m in the UK). Have you restarted/cleared cache on your remotes?

Hi @Larry_Post,

Does this occur for every new TIDAL album you add?

Can you share a screenshot of what you see here? Does the correct album cover show up, just not change? Or do you not see the correct album cover at all?

Hi Dylan,

Yes, it occurs with every album from Tidal I add.

I’ve cleared caches but again, it occurs on every device and I understand the cache is local to each device.

If I use ‘identify’ I see a thumbnail of the correct cover art but clicking save it reverts to the generic for the larger album cover.

This morning adding 2 new albums failed but a 3rd worked fine. Removing and re-adding one of the ‘bad’ ones still didn’t show the correct art.

Seems hit or miss so far today.

Checked this morning and the missing album covers are correct and being displayed. i didn’t do anything for 24 hours and they ‘repaired’ themselves.

Hi @Larry_Post,

I’m glad that the art has appeared for you! I spoke with the team about this and we are going to investigate this behavior further — I’ll be sure to keep you updated here when new information is available.

Thanks for the report, Larry!

Hi Dylan,

I just tried adding another album, generic art. I’ll see it it corrects after some hours and let you know.

39%20PM

Thanks for the update, @Larry_Post.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thx. The album I added yesterday is still without it’s cover art.

Cover art appeared for the album added yesterday, ~24 hours later. I suspect this problem is related to my new problem of not being able play Tidal at all.

Will report tomorrow.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble with playing TIDAL content

This appears to be resolved. Not confident I know the cause but it’s no longer repeatable.

I’m still having the problem of missing artwork

Best to detail the sequence of what you’ve tried to troubleshoot to help support. A description of your setup helps too…network, Core, remotes.

I did on another thread roon support knows about my problem. I was just making a comment on your thread but I’m not too familiar with this method of support. I like the old days where you call technical support and they help you solve the problem.

Those costly customer support days are dwindling. Saw your thread, good luck with your problem.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.