Newly Created Playlist Not Showing

Roon Core Machine

Qnap QTS 5.0.0.2055 (TVS-673, AMD RX421 BD, 32GB)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

(Router: Netgear Orbi RBK852 / Switch: NETGEAR GC728XP) Connected Through 10GBE

Connected Audio Devices

iFi Zen DAC Connected Via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

14,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

I attempted to follow your guide and looked through the forums regarding the importing of playlists. I have some playlists edited in VLC Player and have attempted to export them in three different formats, XSPF, M3U, and M3U8. I can play these playlists both in VLC and JRiver MediaCenter.

I export the playlist file into the watched folder containing my music files, both at the root and within a folder titled “Playlists.” After all of that, I cannot find my playlists within Roon. Is this user error on my part, or am I completely missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tom

The playlists need the path to be relative to how the Core accesses the music. I would create a two track playlist in Roon using a couple of tracks from one of the playlists that are not working. Export that Roon 2 track playlist to Excel, and then compare the path listed in the PATH field to the path in the M3U file.

Got Ya! I will try this and respond. Thank you.

You were correct. VLC and JRiver Media Center are using the mapped network drive letter for location, whereas Roon is using the full FTP path (not sure if that’s what you call it)

So now that you found the root of my issue, is there a way to easily export playlists from another media player with the correct path name, and then just transfer them to the Roon folder, or do I have to edit the lists manually?

Thanks TC

I edit them.manually.

OK, I appreciate your help. Thanks again. I’ll close this out

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.