No artist artwork for some artists

Tony, that worked! Thanks for the assistance… now if only Roon would show the artist images… I would say close to half are missing when using Artists’ view - grey place holder. Oh well… only fix I can fins is to manually edit those that are missing. Off topic.

Hi @dave_clark — I moved this post to it’s own thread so we can take a look at this behavior you’ve seen.

To start, may I kindly ask that you please verify the following:

• Is this behavior happening with local files, TIDAL files, or both?
  • Can you please share a screenshot of Settings > Library > Import Settings, specifically the Artwork option.
  • For one of the albums missing artwork, if you select it and go to Edit > Edit Album and go to the Album Artwork section, can you share a screenshot of what you see?

Thanks,
Dylan

1 Like

Local files

Hey @dave_clark — Thank you for the screenshots.

Would you mind sharing one of the albums that’s experiencing this behavior with us?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me PM containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Thanks,
Dylan

I can do that though not sure if it will show anything… the screen shot above shows Badwai for example. Has a number of releases (all tagged) with Roon finding the artist’s information but is not able to produce/find an image for the artist. PM you through Roon?

Hello @dave_clark — Thank you for sending the files.

I added the album to my library and confirmed that the artist does not have a default image. This can happen when our metadata services are not able to find one for a particular artist.

Currently, when you find an artist without an image, you have the option to manually add art via the Artist Editor (Options > Edit from the Artist page). In the Photo section you can choose to add your own image. While this is an option, it is important to note that, as our metadata updates and improves over time, the artist image may update automatically as we gain access to that kind of data.

Regards,
Dylan

Thanks for the time and effort. Your explanation is what I was thinking… the Roon metadata services are unable to find an image for some artists and obviously for others. Not wanting to spend time searching out all that are missing (best estimate is 800-900 or so). I do find it odd though that some “better know” artists are not found (Smashing Pumpkins for example)or in some instances under one name and not another: for example Charlie Hunter is found as Charlie Hunter, Charlie Hunter Quartet, Charlie Hunter Trio, but not as Charlie Hunter & Pound for Pound.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Album artwork changes are not saving

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.