No Audio device found issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

windows 10 pro 64bit roon 1.7 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Archer C50 wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Metrum Acoustics Jade via USB
Description Of Issue

I installed Roon yesterday only & it was working fine. Today, when I am trying to use it, I see there are no audio devices found message. No audio zones basically, when I am trying to run the roon remote on my iphone, the only audio zone showing up is iphone only. Kindly help in toruble shooting this issue. I have auto login set on roon server already, have rebooted my router, DAC & almost all the devices already.

Hello @Ashwin_Vyas,

Welcome to the forum. Often times when we see these symptoms, a firewall may be blocking proper communication through Roon. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

Hello Noris,

Well the above options I checked already but to my surprise Roon suddenly started working. I am puzzled actually since I didn’t do anything to fix this issue. This was yesterday.

Today again the same issue.

Rgds

Hi Noris,

Below are the screen shots from my antivirus:

Please help in getting this issue resolved or else I can’t continue post the trial period since its too much of trouble to check these settings everyday. Hope you understand.

Rgds
Ashwin

Hi @Ashwin_Vyas,

Just to clarify - Roon started working again without you making any changes in the Bitdefender antivirus? If so, can you provide some more information regarding your Core, what model/manufacturer is the PC?

Hi Noris,

Below is the screen shot of the core:

I am using this with my MSI gaming laptop. Below is my setup

So basically I am using my laptop as server only, the video is routed to the big LG TV & audio to my DAC, I have 3 choices for audio, my laptop default audio, audio through the LG TV & my main source i.e. DAC from where either I use my headphones or speakers.

Do let me know if you need any further inputs from my end, I will do the needful.

Rgds
Ashwin.

1 Like

++ my laptop is a high end gaming laptop using windows 10 as off now.
MSI GE62VR 6RF Apache Pro.

++ My network is on Wifi.

Hi @Ashwin_Vyas,

Nice setup! As for this issue, a few further thoughts:

1. Do you by any chance have Realtek Audio drivers installed on this PC? We have seen a few reports surrounding Realtek drivers interfere with Roon being able to locate audio devices.

2. Since you are on WiFi, is there any change in behavior if you temporarily connect via Ethernet?

Hello Noris,

So finally the issue is resolved. Like you mentioned, actually it was the Realtek drivers which were interfering with the Roon setup. So I just disabled them at the startup & that solved my issue.
Appreciate you help in this issue.

Best Regards
Ashwin.

1 Like

Hi @Ashwin_Vyas,

Glad to hear you were able to narrow down the issue to the Realtek drivers! If you have any other issues, feel free to reach out in a separate support thread. Until next time, take care!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.