No audio devices found error

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC8i5BEH / Roon ROCK 1.8 / Build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Details specified on the attached diagram

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Details specified on the attached diagram, but devices using all types of connections are impacted.

Description Of Issue

Roon keeps losing audio devices and gives me the “No audio devices found” error on all control devices. All audio devices have disappeared, including ipads, iPhones, Lumin U1 Mini streamer, and Roon Bridge. I have restarted ROCK and all the devices repeatedly to no avail. Network architecture diagram attached.

Additionally, Roon Remote on my iPhone is constantly crashing. I get maybe 30 seconds of use before it closes.

None of these issues ever happened with Roon 1.7

Thanks for the detailed report, @Omar_Ghaffar

Can you try the following and let us know if it helps?

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Stop RoonServer on the Web UI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reboot the device from the Web UI

Let us know if you see any change after doing this. If not, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Dylan,

Thanks for the fast response. This seems to have restored all of my audio devices for now. Hopefully, they stay that way. A couple of questions, because I am that guy:

1. What exactly is in this folder, and why would it have fixed the issue I was having?
  2. Do I leave the _old RAATServer folder there or can I whack it?

Does this fix have anything to do with the crashing issues I was having on my iPhone, or is that a separate issue?

Regards,

Omar

Hi Omar,

Not Dylan. :smile:, or official Roon, but…

RAATserver folder holds the connection information for endpoint zones. If is is missing then it will get rebuilt.

Daniel

Hi @Omar_Ghaffar

The RAATServer folder stores saved information about your devices. If something got into a bad state, removing the RAATServer more or less “resets” all of the saved information. Starting fresh, it sounds like things are working okay.

You can delete this folder now that we’ve confirmed things are working.

This would be separate. For more info on that please see my post here: