No Audio Devices found - generally broken :-(

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

W10 Pro 1909 - Intel NUC i5 6260U - 8GB Ram / Roon 1.7 Buil 667 64bit - Windows defender / firewall - no inbound block rules. Library on QNAP 267L NAS - connected to same Router - also one local folder.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

System connected via Ethernet (Gigabit) to Amplifi HD Mesh router - headless and access is fine over RDP. other remotes all on the Amplifi HD wireless network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i - Ethernet
Chord Poly / Mojo - Wireless
NUC - Core : Local loopback > VB-Audio Virtual Cable > BUTT broadcast Client
PC - Remote - S.M.S.L M500 (USB) > Topping A90 - On wireless backbone router : ethernet to node
Sonos Move Wireless
LG V40 - Wireless

Description Of Issue

Noticed main system (PC) wasn’t opening quickly : First use in a week… then opened to a blank screen : roon loading icon > ‘No Audio devices found’ on bottom of screen > No audio devices under audio settings - completely empty : Pink error flashes to quick to see when opening ‘Overview’ - and opens with a first launch type message ‘Start experiencing Roon!’ : Tidal connecting ok but no local library content appears. Mobile remote gets ‘Error Loading Page Ping error’

This is on all remotes including one installed on the same NUC system running Roon server.

Multiple reboots of server / router / remotes have made no difference

seem to be quite a lot of Critical error logs in the Roon Server log in the last 3 days. Has been rock Solid and very fast since installing in 2017… Library was / is roughly 2’700 Albums : 30,000 tracks… + Tidal

Any help would be very much appreciated. Last Library backup I can find is 2018… so prepared to start a fresh if that’s the only way.

Cheers

I know you mentioned no inbound rules, but, try turning the firewall off as a quick test. Sometimes, Windows updates can turn things back on, or undo firewall rules.

Thanks for the reply Daniel,

I disabled the firewall > rebooted and got the ’ The new version of Roon requires a Database update… then onto > ‘Their was an issue loading your Database’ … head over to our community site and let us know :

Closed and opened remote on PC and back to original error / behaviour: firewall still off on all profiles.

This almost always indicates a severe problem with Roon’s library.

Yep looks like some kind of corruption, just need to know if it’s at all recoverable or if it will be a case of reinstalling?

Thankfully not to many customisations… that I can recall - Ohh some DSP / EQ that I would hate to loose… . Have just found my scheduled backups folder location, knew I wasn’t a complete fool! Just trying a restore from a few weeks ago… if it is still failing I’ll try a clean install and restore. Fingers crossed

You can’t ‘recover’ a bad library. It’s Restore or start fresh,

Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks Slim - fresh install and restore has me back up and running - nothing missing / not working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @kiran_singh,

I’m glad that things seem to be up and running again for you! If you see any issues come up again please let us know and we’ll be happy to look into it!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.