No Audio Devices Found/Lost connectivity to Tidal

Core Machine
2018 MacMini Core I5 8G Ram Big Sur 11.4

WRITE HERE

Network Details

Wired ethernet through Netgear unmanaged switch

Audio Devices

Moon SimAudio 280 D - wired connection directly to router, two Raspberry pi devices both hardwired, several Sonos zones, one Chromecast Audio

Library Size
Local library on QNAP NAS - 737 Albums still shown by Roon. I had several Tidal albums added as well, but no longer showing

Description of Issue

Core reports - “No Audio Devices Found” consistently . All connectivity to Tidal seems to be lost - I still show as logged in. The Mac mini will play tidal music from the app/browser. Audirvana will play to my Simaudio 280D over the same network. I have reinstalled Roon core over the previous installation and have the same results. Problem is the same when using a MacBook Pro as remote as well as my iPhone 7 - both update to latest OS

Update - The Tidal connectivity issue seems to have resolved itself. I didn’t change anything, just checked later. Now showing 1488 albums in my library. The audio devices issue is not resolved, for some reason the post shows “resolved”. I have rebooted all network components and verified that each audio device works on my network independent of Roon.

@support - 2 days since this was posted…how long should I expect to wait for some response?

Hello @Mike_Shortliffe,

Thank you so much for following up on your post and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve just returned to work after the weekend (support is open Monday through Friday) and we are catching up on every post :nerd_face:

So we can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a copy here, we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. We’ll walk you through the next steps after that so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi Rebeka, thanks for your reply…I didn’t realize that support had a Mon-Fri schedule. I decided to restore from an earlier backup and all seems to be good for now. My audio zones all came back up as they were.

Thanks again!

Mike

1 Like

Hey @Mike_Shortliffe,

Thanks so much for the quick update. I’m delighted :partying_face: . Thanks for not giving up!

And for that, we can only thank our volunteer moderators who help all week long, but particularly over the weekend while we’re away :heart: .

Please, make sure to let us know if the issue resurfaces :nerd_face: