WiFi Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adaptor
No VPN
Modem TP-Link Archer VR2100

Connected Audio Devices

Topping DX7 Pro.

Number of Tracks in Library

1. Mostly using Qobuz

Description of Issue

No Audio Devices shown, at all. Complete absence of any device, is what we have here. Suspect I am wasting my time on this, given that I have never seen a convincing explanation for this, other than the very tired and overused “have you checked your network settings?”. Is this software really fit to run on Windows 11? I fear I have to wave goodbye to my money.

@Guy_Constable, have you checked your Windows firewall settings to ensure there are exceptions for both roon.exe and raatserver.exe? Is your Topping able to play from your W11 PC outside of Roon?

Yes, have checked firewall settings. Added in exceptions in Bitdefender to allow roon, raatserver, qobuz through. Added in exceptions in Windows firewall to allow the same apps through. Turned off both Bitdefender and Windows defender / firewall and retested. Turned off all vpns. I can easily access the topping device outside of roon.

There was a case here with Roon Bridge on W11 to the same DAC. This was caused by incorrect firewall rules, in this case for Bridge. After fixing that it worked, so there does not appear to be a fundamental issue with Roon on W11 with this DAC:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.