No Audio Devices Show Up

Just ran into seemingly the same issue. Tried rebooting server, after which the Roon client running on the server seems fine, but any remote client (ipad/iphone/windows10) show no music and no audio output devices.

Will remove roonserver and restore backup to see if that resolves it. Ive been running this setup for about 9 months, upgraded to the latest version last month.

I’ve restored my setup using a backup and things are seemingly working fine again.

I believe what could have gone wrong is that on my server I initially installed RoonServer. Later on I added the roon client software to that server.

I expect that during the upgrade to v1.7 this somehow gets mixed up. Perhaps during the upgrade to 1.7 the roon client got updated and started acting as the roon all-in-one package of server (core) and client, while the roonserver application was still running in parallel. Obviously dont know for sure, but if you got both roon and roonserver installed, try removing at least one of the and restore a backup.

Hi @Patrick_Borger,

I split your two posts out because the previous thread you commented on was for a QNAP Core, which only has the ability to run RoonServer. Glad to hear you got this sorted our with a restore of your backup!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.