No audio in exclusive mode using USB with Teac UD-501

Yeah bring it back. There should be a return policy with your dealer.

Check the forum before buying a different DAC :slight_smile:

spoke to seller and packed up the thing: it si definitely going back :roll_eyes:

pity as it was right what I need and it did look great paired with the HA-501 I already have :frowning:
thinking now about a Nuprime DAC-9

… or just get the money back, forget about DSD with my dedicated headphones system too and keep using my beloved Metrum Hex :wink:

Yeah DSD it’s fun playing around with…but once you realized it accounts for 0.4% of your library, you better keep the money for something else.

What did you end-up buying in the end?

found a great deal on a used (but in as new condition)… Auralic Vega :slight_smile:
should be here by Monday

yes: I scaled up “a little bit” :stuck_out_tongue:
:blush:

1 Like

I have 3 TEAC UD : UD-301, UD-501 and UD-503. Both UD-501 and UD-503 have the no audio problem reported with bitrate locking over USB on a Mac. My UD-301 is working perfectly. All three units are working fine over toslink optical and/or coax. The problem is only with the 500 series over USB on a Mac in exclusive mode. I’m not using ROON, but TIDAL, and it is the same exact problem.

1 Like

sold all my Teac (and Auralic) stuff, since, and replaced everything with a Metrum Adagio and Pathos Aurium: a world apart and no issue whatsoever with Macs :slight_smile:

Just arriving at the same issue with the TEAC UD-501… no audio in exclusive mode… Damn…I note however, that TEACs own HR Audio player works perfectly in it’s own ‘exclusive mode’. So i am hopeful that this may be fixable Roon Team?