No audio on PC when Roon is running

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 7 Pro latest downloaded and installed version of Roon.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
When Roon is running I have no audio from my sound card an Asus Xonar Essence ST.

You may have roon in Exclusive mode. Look at the device properties in roon on the pc.

1 Like

please point me to where this setting is I have opened the Roon app gone to the settings in the app clicked on “audio” it shows “this PC” under which is the System Output, Xonar Essence ST WASAPI, Xonar WASAPI, HD Audio Device WASAPI, Xonar ASIO (64) and High Definition Audio Device WASAPI. Six total then below under Roon ready are my vault 2 and my two Sonus devices. In the settings tab for those 6 outputs there is no place to choose or turn off “exclusive mode”

ok I was mistaken two of them have a on or off setting for exclusive mode however they were both turned off

Which device have you enabled in roon on the pc you are having problems with.

the sound card in the PC all six of those outputs are for the sound card or maybe on-board audio on the MB as well. Can I disable all of them?

ok I disabled all of them and now I have sound from other apps So apparently I won’t be able to play music on the PC using Roon as the server?

Yes you can, you just haven’t got everything set up right yet.

What would you recommend? Enable the six output/drivers one at a time to see which one will play nice?

Hi @Mark_McKelvey,

You should be able to disable Exclusive Mode for certain devices so that you can play audio from your PC and Roon at the same time. We have information about this here:

If you’re unsure, you can share some screenshot of Device Setup for a device and we’d be happy to take a look at your settings!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.