No Audio output from iPad to amplifier

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
My iPad is unable to play from the Roon Nucleus. Previously there was an icon on the bottom right of the iPad screen, but that is now gone.

How can I restore the audio output to the amplifier?

Thanks, Jim

Hello @james_King1 ,

Can you please verify if you have enabled this zone under Roon Settings -> Audio?
After enabling it, it should then show up under your zone picker menu.

Thanks.

Settings-Audio does not have listed my iPad. It also states No Audio Devices found. It does list: Nucleus HDMI A and HDMI B can be enabled.

However, when enabled there is no audio output into the speakers. In addition, the iPad at this point has no audio.

Could it be that the iPad needs to be re-installed to the audio settings?

Here is a screen shot. I hope this helps to resolve the no audio to speakers

Hello @james_King1 ,

You’ll want to enable the HDMI zone, set a name for it and then choose it from the Zone picker menu (where it says iPad in bottom right). More information can be found in our Zone guide:

I enabled the HDMI zone and placed the iPad, but still no audio signal to speakers

I have not heard from you in awhile, do you have any more
suggestions as to how to fix my problem? Thanks Jim

Just in case you missed the email, Dylan

jim king tovuz98@gmail.com 7:11 AM (1 hour ago)

to TechnicalSupport

I have updated to the new version and it has no effect.

When I try to play a song the screen on the amp says no audio signal. There is no error

message when I use Jim’s core. I do notice that the volume control is

fixed; not sure if that matters or how to unfix it if it does matter

Hello @james_King1 ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, just to confirm here, you have the HDMI output from the Nucleus connected directly to your Amplifier?

If you select the HDMI input from the Zone menu and start output of a track, you don’t see any signal come in to the Amp?

Is the Amp on the proper HDMI input? Have you tried a different HDMI cable? If you connect the HDMI cable to a TV, do you hear sound through the TV speakers?

Yes, the cable goes directly to the amp.

Yes, when I select from the HDMI input form the zone and select a
track no signal goes tot he amp.

The amp is on the proper HDMI input

No extra cable

No TV

Hello @james_King1 ,

It looks like you are working with us via email to resolve this, so I will close this case.