No audio waveform on iOS remote app

Roon Core Machine

Win11, System76 Thelio-Mira, Ryzen 5900x, 32GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google Wifi router, Core is Wifi only, most endpoints are Wifi only (only Mac Mini endpoing is ethernet)

Connected Audio Devices

Mac Mini M1 - Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC via Unison USB
Win11 (Core) - Schiit Fulla via USB
Raspberry Pi4 - Allo DigiOne SPDIF HAT, AudioQuest Dragonfly Black via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

About 11,000 tracks (stored in SSD on Core)

Description of Issue

iOS Remote app is NOT showing audio waveform, only a flat time bar
this is running on an iPhone 12 mini
(iOS Remote app is version 1.8 build 970)

Other Remote apps (Win11, Mac, Android) show waveform as expected
(these and the Core are also version 1.8 build 970)

In the Now Playing screenshot below, please note that this is a local track/album (the album title " … BBC 6Music …" might suggest that it’s an Internet radio stream … it’s just a live recording and that’s part of the album title … I probably could’ve chosen a better example :grinning:)

Waveform is only displayed for local tracks in your library, they need to be analysed for the waveform. Your screenshot shows a radio station.

1 Like

It’s a local track, and audio analysis is complete for full library

The “… BBC 6Music …” just happens to be title of the album (it’s a live recording that apparently came from a BBC broadcast)

Ah my apologies difficult to tell on a phone.
In that case I’d start where support would, have you rebooted everything? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, Core and Remotes have been restarted, and I also deleted and reinstalled the iOS Remote app

You’ll only see the waveform on desktop and tablets, not mobile phones (or maybe for those with a larger display.)

2 Likes

Ah, thank you … I have been away from Roon for a while, seems I’ve forgotten some of the basics.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.