Roon Core Machine

Grimm MU1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Google Home

Library Size

35,593 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon has stopped automatically scanning for changes to my library, since 1.8 (maybe 1.7). I have to force rescan every time I add something new. Not a big deal, but weird.

Hello @Aaron_Garrett

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Our apologies for the brief delay getting to you here. We’d be happy to help!

Couple quick questions:

• How are your stored local music files connected to your Core?

• Do you have an Automatic Scan Interval set in Roon?

If not, you can go to Settings>Storage you can schedule the scanning period for your local library. This will automate the process for you and help resolve this problem somewhat.

Once we have a bit more information about where your local files are stored we may have some more tips for you. :+1:t2:

Hi Jamie, thanks. I have Roon and my local files stored on my Grimm MU1. I have rescan every 4 hours set.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon Server on Synology DSM 7 Situation

No response?

Hi @Aaron_Garrett — Sorry for the late response here. Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Hi @Aaron_Garrett — These files are stored directly on the Grimm, correct? In this case, it should be added as a local folder instead of a network share, that’s likely playing into what you’re seeing. If you choose Add Folder on this screen what do you see? Are you able to add folders without a network share?

Should I add them as a local folder and delete the network share? Or keep both?

I’d recommend taking these steps, in this order:

1. Make a backup
  2. Delete the current network share
  3. Add the local folders

Let me know if this helps!

Wait I’m confused. Isn’t it there as a local folder?

It’s connecting via localhost as a network share in Roon — It shouldn’t normally do that. Can you share what you see when you click Add Folder?

From that top folder listing are you able to navigate to your music folder, @Aaron_Garrett?

Yes I can.

Okay, when navigating using that top listing, select the Music folder there and add that. This will allow you to access the drive locally instead of a local network share.

When I do that it says “This folder has already has already been added”, i.e. it’s identical to the folder that is already there.

No response? Why?