No Native DSD option on DAC that supports it

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini 2012 i7 2.3GHz, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, Roon 1.7 build 610
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google Home WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Oppo Sonica USB

Description Of Issue

I am using an Oppo Sonica DAC over USB. Now, this DAC supports native DSD up to DSD512, according to the manufacturer’s specifications. However, Roon does not give me the option to use native DSD, instead forcing me to use DSD over PCM 1.0 (not even 1.1?). I understand that Roon asks the device which formats it supports, so obviously the native DSD support is not being detected. I just wish there were an advanced option so I could attempt to force native DSD and see what happens.

Thank you!
Ben

I see for your dac there are drivers for windows only.So using a mac you will be limited to dsd 256.

I have the same DAC, you can try it with a RPi and Ropieee.org or perhaps SOtM or Sonore network bridge or you can maybe try running ROCK which IIRC does support my Sonica DAC or if you have a PC and windows with the Sonica driver and use Roon Bridge on it.

Its the same issue on OPPO HA-1 and HA-2 DAC and headphone amp with Mac OS

This is a Mac OS limitation not Roon

Hello @Benjamin_Rose, and thanks for your report! Do you have a PC to test this with?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.