No playing icon on playlists on iOS - depending on using Play Now or Play From Here [Fixed]

Thanks @Wes, this might sound like a small usability bug for some, though for those users regularly using playlists this is really highly irritating and causing problems.

So with that in mind I think it’s easier to assess things.

@Wes Every single release makes it hard to understand to see such a bug being still there for 1,5 years.
What is there the dev team needs from users to fix this? It should be really very easy to see/realize by everyone using playlists.

This is still a highly annoying bug making using playlists for example in Qobuz which many are using a mess - no chance to see what’s playing or where you are in the list.

@mike You seemed to be interested about product development and product awareness. Well, this is - yet so small it might look and as easy it is to fix - an essential user experience flaw in the daily use of ROON.
And it’s very hard to grasp why nobody is caring :thinking:

FWIW I have the icon after clicking the Play Now button for the whole playlist, for Play Now on a single track, and for Play From Here as well. Both in landscape and portrait orientation

iPad Pro 12.9 M2, iPadOS 16.3.1

1 Like

I had the opportunity to also test with an iPad - works there.
So the bug is related to all iPhones.
As the functionality is already there on iPad a fix is easily done coding wise.

1 Like

Strange.

I don’t on the 13 Pro. I do see it on the iPad Pro.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: I also checked now that it does not differ per playlist, but I have it on Qobuz playlists and Roon playlists both

No idea what’s going on. But I don’t see it in my playlists created from Tidal or Qobuz.

I do see it in Roon playlists. Just checked.

@Markus_Hubner above said they are not there for him on iPhone but are on iPad

Yea on my iPad Air, ROON version build 1191 all playlists seem to work correctly with the playing icon active.
But not on the iPhone.

Ohhhh!! I guess you mean the „Play“ button? It’s about the icon missing, which is also in your screenshot. See No playing icon on playlists on iOS - depending on using Play Now or Play From Here [Ticket in - Investigating] - #8 by ged_hickman1

It’s about to see which title / song is currently playing.

This issue was solved with a recent Roon release:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.