No Tidal Album Art

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 186) on Roon-spec Intel NUC
Roon Version 1.7 (build 528) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

= 100Mb Broadband -> Motorola 1G Cable Modem -> Asus Dark Knight Router -> NUC/ROCK

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Not relevant but a mix of RPI3’s with HifiBerry HATs (1 DAC, 1 Amp, 1 Digi)

Description Of Issue

So strange. As of this moment, and after rebooting my Core, and all other devices, when browsing Tidal in Roon, there is virtually no album art. I say “virtually” because the occasional album will have art. Albums I’ve added from Tidal to my collection appear WITH art under Albums in Roon, but the same album shows no art under Tidal in Roon.

Hi @Dean_Clough,

Does this same issue occur on all remote devices?

Is there any change the image cache from Settings > Setup?

Hi Dylan - that was one of the first things I checked - yes, all remote devices. For me, that was my MacBook Air, a Google Fi-spec Moto X4 Android phone, and a Windows 10 computer.

Sorry - and no changes to Image Cache in Settings -> Setup.

Hi @Dean_Clough,

Can you please try logging out of TIDAL and back in via the Roon Settings -> Services tab? Is there any change in behavior if you do so?

I will try that the next time the problem occurs.

Album art returned about 4 hours after my OP - I made no changes to Roon, my network, or Tidal account. At least it’s working - but again, note the screen shot I sent originally was taken after a reboot of all Roon devices, and my LAN and WAN were performing normally. Strange.

1 Like

Hi @Dean_Clough,

Glad to hear the issue resolved itself, if it re-occurs do let us know and try logging out and back into TIDAL.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.