No User Interface Displayed on NUC Running Roon After Roon Upgrade (ref#1YTM4L)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

· Something else

Describe the issue

Since latest upgrade I get no user interface on NUC running Roon on Windows 11. RoonServer is working and I can connect from an Android phone and a Macbook on the same wireless network and play music, but the user interface no loger appears on the NUC running server. This happened immediately after update. Edit: Latest Roon update, not from Windows system update

Have you tried double-clicking the Roon icon on the desktop?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried it from the taskbar icon, desktop icon and start menu icon as well as toggling on and off Load at Startup function in Windows.

Is Windows Event Viewer showing an error when you try and start Roon?

Yes, I just did a restart with RoonServer set to autostart and there is a Application Error and a .NET error both from Faulting Application: Roon.exe.
RoonServer seems to be running fine, I am listening to it now controlled from the interface on a macbook on the network.

Any additional help please? It’s throwing an error on Roon.exe starting, but I don’t know how to try to correct this.

Hi @Arnie_Sherman,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. Let’s try doing a clean install of Roon.exe with the steps below.

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Whatever was in todays update has fixed this issue. I now have the Roon UI on the server machine again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.