No web administration interface

I think I have the updates - Roon Version 1.6 for tablet and core nucleus. I see OS 1.0. I do NOT find a “web administration interface” so I cannot re-launch or do anything here. I followed all instructions. What next? I have no idea if my update was successful.

Try reading this -
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Nucleus_Web_Administration_Interface

1 Like

Hello @stan_pennock,

The Web Administration Interface can be accessed by navigating to the Nucleus’ IP address or through Roon Settings -> Setup -> Configure Roon OS Devices, but what exactly are you trying to achieve here by accessing the WebUI? Does Roon not connect to the Nucleus anymore? Have you tried rebooting the Nucleus if that’s the case?

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks for your reply. I can “configure” the OS devices but I do not get the “system status” page, so I cannot re-boot the Nucleus. What I get is “Configure Roon OS” with an IP address that I am afraid to touch for fear it will clear and I will not get it back. I also see Version 1.0 build 159. “Done” is at the bottom. How do I get to the page that you picture in the help section? (Am I done with the update and did it install?)

Click on the IP address and that will open the web interface.

From a Roon Remote select Settings->Setup->(Configure Roon OS Devices) Configure.

Click on the ROCK device that is shown on the succeeding page, i.e. the one with the IP address. This screen is missing in the help. That will take you to a new screen that you are looking for.

On the resulting screen, click on the red button in the upper right corner.

BTW - If you hook a monitor up to your ROCK device, then ROCK’s IP address will show on that screen.

Thanks, almost there. I press “Configure” (on the screen that follows Setup) and I am taken to a screen that says Configure Roon OS and it has a blue IP string. Do I press that? But what is a ROCK device? Sorry for this confusion but my screens seem to be different from the ones that are shown in your examples. No ROCK device and no red buttons.

@stan_pennock - ROCK is Roon Optimized Core Kit, it’s like a DIY version of Nucleus but if you have a Nucleus the same process is used. Just click on the blue IP string and it will open up a web page to the Nucleus Web UI.

I’m not sure what you want to do with the WebUI though, you should not have to access the WebUI to perform the update, once you pressed install on a Roon Remote, the Nucleus should have automatically rebooted itself and have been updated to 1.6 b390.

Still though, it’s a good thing to learn how to access the WebUI in case you ever need it in the future but there’s really no need if everything is working as expected. You can also check which Roon version you’re on in Roon Settings -> About (top-right underneath “Keyboard Shortcuts”).

Thanks,
Noris