Non-existent files shown

Roon Core Machine

Using RoonServer_Synology_DSM7_x86-64_20220216.spk on a Synology NAS.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

UniFi APs, most devices have wired connections.

Connected Audio Devices

Denon AVR, Sonos, Mac OS.

Number of Tracks in Library

13734 tracks

Description of Issue

Some albums that were deleted (while Roon Core was running) still show up in the album list. Not all deleted albums, just several. I can’t find a way to delete those: I tried a library refresh, and a clean up library data, no change. Playing them (obviously) doesn’t work: the tracks are simply not there.Edit | Rescan Album doesn’t do anything. Edit | Delete Album doesn’t delete it either. Edit | Re-Identify does… something? Not sure how, as the tracks are not there.

If I try to view the file info on individual tracks, Roon says correctly “No info, Track not in your library”.

How can I delete those non-existent albums and prevent the problem from reappearing?

Hi @Jan_Rychter
Have you tried , settings, library, library maintenance ,clean up library?

I didn’t see you try rebooting the Core, give that a try if you haven’t. Or try it again anyway.

@RodS Yes, I did try cleaning up, as I wrote in the original post.

@Rugby I’m not sure what it would mean if rebooting the core helped — the bug would still be there. But I did check, rebooted my whole NAS with the Core, and it did not help. The phantom albums are still there.

Well, a week later those phantom albums are still there (4 of them).

How do I get rid of them?

Ok, I guess this is not the right way to report problems and contact support. What is the right way?

(the albums are still there)

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.