Non metadata file resulted in Roon locked in 'scanning' mode

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK built 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hardwired ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Holo Spring DAC (USB) and Ares Mini (Endpoint)

In built 537, I noticed when I imported a non metadata tagged file, after scanned, Roon will show the following:-

The ‘circle’ on the top right hand corner will continue to churn and it seems not stopping. I don’t have this issue with the previous build. I used non metadata file for testing. I’ve both Roon core and remote updated to the latest build.

Hello @MusicFidelity, could you please reboot your core and log back into Roon, see if this error pops up again? If it does, please reply back here with a timestamp (your local time) of when you saw the error. I will then enable diagnostics for your account so we can take a closer look!

Hi @nuwriy

Yes, after reboot, the problem goes away.

Hello @MusicFidelity, if it comes back, please reply here with a timestamp (your local time) and we’ll take a look! We have noticed some of our recent updates have helped with this issue, and would like to investigate further into any outstanding cases.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.