Non-Musical items that make the room “ours”

Only the clear one, other Habitat, when they were around…

If you are referring to the guitars, they’d act as ornaments in my posession. :slight_smile:

However, love the Wintergatan Marble Machine poster!

1 Like

Got to love my bronze bear. I physically relax every time I lay my eyes on him:

1 Like

He’s unusual, and happy, is it a vacation purchase?

Being part British Part South African I couldn’t go that far, braaing (BBQ) meat is an art form here

SA has a tradition of game watching , In my 24 years here I have not missed too many annual pilgrimages to the Kruger Park, seeing real wildlife outside of zoos is a real thrill.

Even when mummy elephant takes a close look at your car

1 Like

I consider the keeping of animals in zoos to be a sin (one of only the few I can recognize), not to mention circuses.

2 Likes

The same is true of many exotic woods. Brazilian Rosewood has long been difficult to buy or sell. Years ago, a store here in town had a solid Brazilian Rosewood subwoofer. It was not a great hi-fi component and just sat in his showroom. The wood could have made many guitars.

Another Man Cave necessity (Not the carbon monoxide detector)…someone else had better post some pics or I’ll do the other end of the room :grin:

1 Like

lol, let me see…

The only lego I’ve built since my kindergarten days

5 Likes

And a Nixie clock… I’ve built a few of these with various tubes.

7 Likes

Things my kids bought me that I treasure.

Candle powered steam boat.

1 Like

The Kruger Park is a bit of a zoo, just the size of a small country eg Wales , it’s 360 km top to bottom, 20,000 sq km

It’s a great experience, closed for the time being however :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I went to university just before calculators became freely available, we had something like this geared up to work as a timer by tuning into a radio station.

In a physics practical it was used to time the acceleration due to gravity, when everyone got a value of 650 instead of 981 by using 6 figure log tables ( several encyclopedias worth of books ) they discovered it was tuned to the wrong radio station

Now you can use your cell phone … Progress

The bashful yogi. My desktop fetish -

2 Likes

I wondered if anyone would recognise the poster!

1 Like

Brilliant, I want one :grin:

We’ve got to see the boat in action :+1:t3:

My “pond” got repurposed and I haven’t gotten a new one yet.
The guy has been at Glastonbury since 1986. I’ve also got

But here’s one on YouTube

3 Likes

Brilliant, my other half saw the video, now she wants one :roll_eyes: